Radio Changes?

Hello,

Has anybody changed the radio system in the edge. I did not want to wait for the better radio and now I don't like the way the stock system sounds. I have the EdgeSEL Plus

thanks,

bryan

Yeah we have done 4 or 5 for the dealers . My wife liked the car so much we went and ordered one. we put pioneer avic d3 in all but one for way less that the dealer wants for navi plus you can add everything to it for less than the dealer base navi unit.

Yeah we have done 4 or 5 for the dealers . My wife liked the car so much we went and ordered one. we put pioneer avic d3 in all but one for way less that the dealer wants for navi plus you can add everything to it for less than the dealer base navi unit.

That's a great idea!

Any issues with the steering controls?

Any other features that are not on the factory one?

What "features" would you recommend adding?

How about a kit for the edges with the components ready to plug in!

How tough is the install?

I also want to do the headrest DVD set up.

That's a great idea!

Any issues with the steering controls?

Any other features that are not on the factory one?

What "features" would you recommend adding?

How about a kit for the edges with the components ready to plug in!

How tough is the install?

I also want to do the headrest DVD set up.

No the steering wheel controls are simple and can be programmed for different features like mute or.

Backup cam

ipod on the screen plus charge

xm w navtraffic to route around traffic

sirius

Bluetooth.

The install is fairly simple if you get the plug in harness

The only outside wires not at the radio are park brake and backup for a cam if you get that. As far as headrest we do Myron & Davis that match the leather or fabric and are flush inside the headrest.

If your interested then you can call me at the shop ask for Joe just follow the link below.

Securinu:

What did you use to set up the steering whell controls? I tryied the pac-sw and for some reason is not letting me program it.

thanks

We use the Peripheral Peswips

you need to ground pin 19 of the main harness this is the feed from the radio to the steering wheel. then you also need a resistor on the purple wire on the control box

post-708-1178684575_thumb.jpg

We use the Peripheral Peswips

you need to ground pin 19 of the main harness this is the feed from the radio to the steering wheel. then you also need a resistor on the purple wire on the control box

The PAC-SW is the same thing but with a different name the instrucions are the same also, I guess I have done something wrong. I'll try it again this weekend. thanks

No the steering wheel controls are simple and can be programmed for different features like mute or.

Backup cam

sirius

Bluetooth.

The only outside wires not at the radio are park brake and backup for a cam if you get that. As far as headrest we do Myron & Davis that match the leather or fabric and are flush inside the headrest.

If your interested then you can call me at the shop ask for Joe just follow the link below.

Thanks for the info!

Hello,

Did you upgrade the speakers or keep the stock ones, If you keep the stock ones how did they sound? Also is there anything similar to the pioneer avic d3 that holds more then one disc at a time/

Thanks,

Bryan

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I just had this unit installed. I also had the steering control hooked up. When you say you can program it. do you program the controls from the unit? They hooked it up where the changing of the stations do not change from my preset channels. it changes the radio every .2 as if it was seeking. Can this be programmed to change from one preset station to the next?

Thanks,

Bryan

Backup cam

sirius

Bluetooth.

Hello,

I just had this unit installed. I also had the steering control hooked up. When you say you can program it. do you program the controls from the unit? They hooked it up where the changing of the stations do not change from my preset channels. it changes the radio every .2 as if it was seeking. Can this be programmed to change from one preset station to the next?

Thanks,

Bryan

Backup cam

sirius

Bluetooth.

Can the MKX stereo be changed out?

I want to put my own navigation unit into it.

• 1 month later...

do you have a picture of the unit installed in the edge? im curious to see if it looks natural. Thanks!

Thank you! I went today and had that unit installed in my edge. I got the Sirius and ipod hooked up and ordered the bluetooth module. However, the steering wheel controls do not work. Should I have expected the controls to be set or can I go back and ask them to program the controls? Do I need to purchase something else for this?

Thanks! I appreciate the advice!

no it should have been working when you picked it up.

Speaking of radio changes, I got a quote yesterday from a local auto accessory shop that's done a lot of work for my Ford dealer. I was quoted an installed price of $1995 for a Pioneer AVIC D3, $250 for Sirius, and $75 for an iPod adapter.

I wrote them back and questioned their pricing, as I've seen the Pioneer AVIC D3 at crutchfield.com for $899 (less at some other places).

Either they're asking way too much for this change, or it takes at least 2 full days to install the unit.

wow thats pricy are you sure it wasn a Z2 ???

we do the D3 Bluetooth steering wheel and either xm or sirius for $1500 installed at the local dealers.

I thought it was way too pricey as well. I even questioned them about the Z2, as the price would be good for that unit. LOL...know of any installers in Tulsa I could use?

Speaking of radio changes, I got a quote yesterday from a local auto accessory shop that's done a lot of work for my Ford dealer. I was quoted an installed price of $1995 for a Pioneer AVIC D3, $250 for Sirius, and $75 for an iPod adapter.

I wrote them back and questioned their pricing, as I've seen the Pioneer AVIC D3 at crutchfield.com for $899 (less at some other places).

Either they're asking way too much for this change, or it takes at least 2 full days to install the unit.

I purchased my Pioneer AVIC D3 with Sirius and and iPod adpater and installation for about $1400 from Circuit City. I still need to purchase the Bluetooth adapter for about $180 from crutchfield and get it installed. Installation took a couple hours.

I purchased my Pioneer AVIC D3 with Sirius and and iPod adpater and installation for about $1400 from Circuit City. I still need to purchase the Bluetooth adapter for about $180 from crutchfield and get it installed. Installation took a couple hours.

I'm a little leery of Circuit City's installers here, as I've had two radios put in by their workers, and experienced problems with both installations. And...I wonder if they would have a clue regarding the steering wheel controls.

I may take you up on that....I won't know for sure until I buy our new car, though. Thanks!

Just received an email from that company yesterday. Now they're saying they'll give me their "dealer price" of $1500. I'll find out if this price includes Sirius, Bluetooth, and steering wheel controls (but I doubt it).

They're saying the Sirius adapter for the Pioneer AVIC D3 is on national back order. It's listed as out of stock at crutchfield. You seeing the same thing?