Things to check after you take delivery

bpattie

Just thought of something. Yes, the vehicle is new, but I always check fluid levels and air pressure in tires. Had a car in past that was really low on oil. The fluid levels in teh Edge were fine, but the tires ranged from 44 pounds to 38. Talked to service and they said "trust the door sticker" which on the 18 inch Michelin Latitudes is 35 lbs..

Just thought of something. Yes, the vehicle is new, but I always check fluid levels and air pressure in tires. Had a car in past that was really low on oil. The fluid levels in teh Edge were fine, but the tires ranged from 44 pounds to 38. Talked to service and they said "trust the door sticker" which on the 18 inch Michelin Latitudes is 35 lbs..

Isn't this what the dealership is supposed to be checking and verifying when they take delivery of your new vehicle and supposedly do a "pre-delivery inspection" and hold up your vehicle for another half day or so when it arrives on the transport?

Isn't this what the dealership is supposed to be checking and verifying when they take delivery of your new vehicle and supposedly do a "pre-delivery inspection" and hold up your vehicle for another half day or so when it arrives on the transport?

Well, my car was held up a day because they had to peel the window sticker off.

Pretty lame. No detailing or anything

It's exactly what the dealer is supposed to do, but they obviously miss a few things.

I checked my 18s and 3 of them had 45 & one (right front) had 40. (Explains why it was pulling to the right a bit)

I know that the door says 35 but I opted to try 40 to save gas and have a rougher ride.

I checked my 18s and 3 of them had 45 & one (right front) had 40. (Explains why it was pulling to the right a bit)

I know that the door says 35 but I opted to try 40 to save gas and have a rougher ride.

I may bump mine up a little for the reason you state, but the dealer said to "go with door sticker"

Another thing to check is the Sirius Travel Link system. It is accessed by pressing the "i" button. It is the service that gives the weather, sports score, fuel prices and movie times. We're supposed to get a six month free subscription to all these services. However, when I checked none of the Travel link services were working and five of the eight services were listed as "unsubscribed." Sirius and Ford have been working on it since Tuesday last week, but they still haven't been able to fix it. Very frustrating.