Awaiting delivery of my new 2011 Edge

d_source

Hi all,

Was looking at a used Edge for a while, then accidentally stepped into a 2011 and there was no going back. Plus all the incentives and rebates just made the deal a must. We purchased about 2-3 weeks ago with an expected delivery of 6-8 weeks. I now have the VIN number. Just wondering if there is anywhere beyond the dealer to get a more up to date delivery date? How long are people waiting for their Edge's to arrive. I'm in Vaughan, ON about 40kms from the Oakville plant where they are being assembled.

BTW - Anyone lucky enough to go to the plant to see theirs being assembled?

D

Hi all,

Was looking at a used Edge for a while, then accidentally stepped into a 2011 and there was no going back. Plus all the incentives and rebates just made the deal a must. We purchased about 2-3 weeks ago with an expected delivery of 6-8 weeks. I now have the VIN number. Just wondering if there is anywhere beyond the dealer to get a more up to date delivery date? How long are people waiting for their Edge's to arrive. I'm in Vaughan, ON about 40kms from the Oakville plant where they are being assembled.

BTW - Anyone lucky enough to go to the plant to see theirs being assembled?

D

Hi D; congratulations on your new purchase. Which model did you end up with? The 2011's are hard to resist! lol I live near the Oakville plant but it didn't speed up delivery. Mind you I bought mine in June. The dealer had the VIN number which he said basically meant the car should ship within a week of that (don't know if that's true). He got the VIN number about 2 weeks before they received it and he did mention they were slow but that could have changed by now. They received mine on the Labour Day weekend and the sales guy didn't even know it was on the lot!! Post a pic when you get it and enjoy...you are going to love it! :shift:

Hi D; congratulations on your new purchase. Which model did you end up with? The 2011's are hard to resist! lol I live near the Oakville plant but it didn't speed up delivery. Mind you I bought mine in June. The dealer had the VIN number which he said basically meant the car should ship within a week of that (don't know if that's true). He got the VIN number about 2 weeks before they received it and he did mention they were slow but that could have changed by now. They received mine on the Labour Day weekend and the sales guy didn't even know it was on the lot!! Post a pic when you get it and enjoy...you are going to love it! :shift:

I wish it would be ready in a week. Realistically i think I am looking more at end of Oct - beg of Nov. Any earlier is welcome. i actually ordered it from a dealer out of town (windsor) b/c the salesman gave me a far better deal than anyone else. Over $1000 cheaper than the next closest dealer. It was a no brainer.

We purchased the 2011 SEL AWD

Driver's entry package

Canadian Comfort package (as I am all about the Vista roof)

Sync

White tri-coat exterior

Black leather interior (mainly so my 9 month old and baby on the way dont ruin the seats. :) )

Called Ford today to get an ETA on the delivery of my EDGE. She told me that it takes 8 weeks from when they get the order, whcih they received on Oct 4th. So instead of end of OCT beginning of Nov, now it looks like end of DEC for delivery. Is that correct? She said the dealer should have told me 8-12 weeks, not 6-8.

Called Ford today to get an ETA on the delivery of my EDGE. She told me that it takes 8 weeks from when they get the order, whcih they received on Oct 4th. So instead of end of OCT beginning of Nov, now it looks like end of DEC for delivery. Is that correct? She said the dealer should have told me 8-12 weeks, not 6-8.

I think all dealers say 6-8 weeks. Mine was ordered on Sept 7, made on the 27th, on the train on the 28th and I am waiting for it to show up, was told Oct. 10. I may have just been lucky

I think all dealers say 6-8 weeks. Mine was ordered on Sept 7, made on the 27th, on the train on the 28th and I am waiting for it to show up, was told Oct. 10. I may have just been lucky

mine was ordered on Aug 25th scheduled to be built the week of 10/11/2010, I don't think I will see it until very close to the 8 weeks I was told 6-8 weeks when i placed my order.

mine was ordered on Aug 25th scheduled to be built the week of 10/11/2010, I don't think I will see it until very close to the 8 weeks I was told 6-8 weeks when i placed my order.

I'm in the same boat! Really excited about my 2011 Edge, dealer says it will show up within the week, I hope he's right! I wish there were a way to check the VIN and see when it shipped out.

When you say ordered, do you mean ordered from the dealer or when the dealer placed the order with Ford?

How do you both know when it was assembled?

When you say ordered, do you mean ordered from the dealer or when the dealer placed the order with Ford?

How do you both know when it was assembled?

I placed my order with my dealer the 23 of July - got it on the 24 of September. Got a VIN from my dealer on the 16th of August - with a scheduled build date of the week of the 20th of August...

Thanks. I'll follow up with my salesman then. Wish there was another way to track the order online though so i wouldnt have to keep bothering him.

I work for Ford. Shoot me your VIN and I'll see where you're truck is at in the process. My Edge is coming quicker than I initially expected and hopefully the same will happen for you!

I work for Ford. Shoot me your VIN and I'll see where you're truck is at in the process. My Edge is coming quicker than I initially expected and hopefully the same will happen for you!

I would take gracefully on your offer. Kindly, can you please check the status on VIN: 2FMD K4A K8BB A28287

Darkmar: When did you order your Edge? The VIN isn't showing in vehicle visibility yet...

I ordered it from the dealer on 30th of September. However, this car was already made and ready to be shipped from a factory to a dealer in West Coast. At least this was based on the record what a dealer showed me at the time of the placing the order.

I was also able to register with this VIN number on syncmyride.com. It identified properly my vehicle as Ford Edge Sport - white platinum.

Thank you for checking.

I ordered it from the dealer on 30th of September. However, this car was already made and ready to be shipped from a factory to a dealer in West Coast. At least this was based on the record what a dealer showed me at the time of the placing the order.

I was also able to register with this VIN number on syncmyride.com. It identified properly my vehicle as Ford Edge Sport - white platinum.

Thank you for checking.

I like your choice of vehicle :rockon: Hope you get it soon!

Thank you for checking.

Ford must not allow me to see another dealer's allocation. Sorry i couldn't help!

As for Trish's comment...AGREED! I am a fellow soon-to-be White Platinum Edge Sport owner as well! Can't wait!

Ford must not allow me to see another dealer's allocation. Sorry i couldn't help!

As for Trish's comment...AGREED! I am a fellow soon-to-be White Platinum Edge Sport owner as well! Can't wait!

No worries, I will call my dealer and find out the current status directly from him.

I hope indeed White Platinum Edge Sport will be worth waiting...I had a hard time to choose between white and red candy color. The dealer had the red one on his parking lot, but a car was already sold.

I decided to go for a white as otherwise I would have to place the factory order and wait at least 2 months. I don't think I would handle that...

Update: EST October 18th

Edited by darkmar

• 2 weeks later...

Good news. my dealer confirmed yesterday that my Edge is sitting on the lot awaiting pickup. It's out of town so I cant get there until Sat Oct 30th, but at least i know i'll have it in 10 days, not in Dec. which is what Ford told me. Yippie!

What do I need to make sure of when I go pick up the car? i.e. Fluids topped up.

What's the break in period for these cars and what does it entail? I need to drive it about 400kms just after i pick it up to come home. How fast can i drive it on the highway?

Thanks.