Ford Edge Forum: New Features

Edge Guide

Sure - start paying for site access.

Seriously - why do you think this forum is free?

I read a dozen or more forums a day, and none of them has advertising that takes up an entire page of scrolling before you see contact. All putting the advertising so obtrusively does is make me not want to spend time here scrolling through them.

Are you saying there's a membership fee to lose the ads?

How else would you pay the hosting fees? They don't give away websites for free without advertising.

I don't see any link here on the site to pay a membership fee that would stop me from seeing the ads. Or are you talking about something else? A forum like this with a minimal audience should hardly cost anything to run, bandwidth-wise.

I don't see any link here on the site to pay a membership fee that would stop me from seeing the ads. Or are you talking about something else? A forum like this with a minimal audience should hardly cost anything to run, bandwidth-wise.

I'm saying that in order to do away with the ads you'd have to start charging membership fees or at least soliciting donations.

As the young people would say "OMG". Ads are on every site, I don't even notice them. If that is all you have to complain about, you need to get a hobby.

I have a "hobby", thanks, no need for your attempts at humor. I'm just saying, reading the forum would be more enjoyable if I didn't have to scroll down 800 pixels _every time_ a page loaded. Every site I go to doesn't waste the entire "front page" with only google ads. Heck, look at facebook. Or even google.

Edited by sjlocke