2011 MKX on order

richy

Hello, my name is Rich. I have been driving a 2004 Infiniti FX35 since new for the last 6 1/2 years. I have ordered a 2011 MKX with all the options except the trailer tow in black/black. I am looking very forward to getting it. I have read the manuals online so I think I'm ready for all the techie stuff (which is what attracted me to it in the 1st place). I also detail cars on the side and am going to be putting a nano glass coating on the paint. Hopefully I'll pick up some good info from this site. If anyone has any detailing questions, I'd be happy to help. I'm a moderator at a detailing forum.

Hello, my name is Rich. I have been driving a 2004 Infiniti FX35 since new for the last 6 1/2 years. I have ordered a 2011 MKX with all the options except the trailer tow in black/black. I am looking very forward to getting it. I have read the manuals online so I think I'm ready for all the techie stuff (which is what attracted me to it in the 1st place). I also detail cars on the side and am going to be putting a nano glass coating on the paint. Hopefully I'll pick up some good info from this site. If anyone has any detailing questions, I'd be happy to help. I'm a moderator at a detailing forum.

hey Rich. That's a great story. I too drove a 2004 FX35 (with a good bit of mods to push it into the 45 power range) and traded it for a 2011 Edge Ltd. I also had a zero-problem Infiniti for 6½ yrs. While I was a bit apprehensive going from a Japanese luxury brand to a domestic vehicle, I've been very pleased so far with my Edge. My wife sez I spend too much time at the computer (don't they all?) so now I can be in front of one when I drive.

I was originally thinking MKX to replace the FX (so many Xs!) I decided on the Edge just to save a bit of money. I don't drive a lot of miles and couldn't justify the added bucks for the Lincoln.

As far as your detailing, there are some threads in this forum dedicated to detailing - with some other detailing pros. Come on over here, boy, have a cigar... you're gonna go far.

hey Rich. That's a great story. I too drove a 2004 FX35 (with a good bit of mods to push it into the 45 power range) and traded it for a 2011 Edge Ltd. I also had a zero-problem Infiniti for 6½ yrs. While I was a bit apprehensive going from a Japanese luxury brand to a domestic vehicle, I've been very pleased so far with my Edge. My wife sez I spend too much time at the computer (don't they all?) so now I can be in front of one when I drive.

I was originally thinking MKX to replace the FX (so many Xs!) I decided on the Edge just to save a bit of money. I don't drive a lot of miles and couldn't justify the added bucks for the Lincoln.

As far as your detailing, there are some threads in this forum dedicated to detailing - with some other detailing pros. Come on over here, boy, have a cigar... you're gonna go far.

Thank you. Very cool with the similarities between us. I did not mod mine but spent a truckload of hours polishing it. I sold it to my neighbour for good coin and used it as a trade through on the new sale. I bought it with employee pricing, A plan, Ford financing discount and Cosco discount. I got an amazing deal. My payment is substantially less than it was for the FX. I, too, had some misgivings about going Domestic after so many years of trouble-free driving. I hope it's a wise choice. Whereabouts are you located? Were you on any FX forums? I was on FXorg with the same username.

Hey Rich,

Happy motoring with the new wheels, GREAT choice. My wife has her MKS for 2 years already, and we love it as much as the first day.

I have a 06 Explorer Limited, every available option ( V8, nav, 7 pass, rear DVD, moonroof, the works. Am curious what current value

is, as 5 years ago, it stickered at $42,995. I just turned 48k in mileage, am hoping to see around 15-16K for it.

I too, have my eye on the MKX, still want the ability to carry larger objects, not just a car. It's still nice to have vehicle in the family with

AWD, as Jersey winter, can be tough. If I'm not too nosey, about how much below sticker did you pay for the X ?

Joe :shift:

Hey Rich,

Happy motoring with the new wheels, GREAT choice. My wife has her MKS for 2 years already, and we love it as much as the first day.

I have a 06 Explorer Limited, every available option ( V8, nav, 7 pass, rear DVD, moonroof, the works. Am curious what current value

is, as 5 years ago, it stickered at $42,995. I just turned 48k in mileage, am hoping to see around 15-16K for it.

I too, have my eye on the MKX, still want the ability to carry larger objects, not just a car. It's still nice to have vehicle in the family with

AWD, as Jersey winter, can be tough. If I'm not too nosey, about how much below sticker did you pay for the X ?

Joe :shift:

Joe, I'm in Canada, so our pricing is different a bit than yours. However, Ford had a sale on with Employee pricing less $3000 discount off of which I got a further $1000 for A plan. In addition, after taxes, I received another $1000 discount for being a Cosco member as well as $1000 for financing with Ford credit. Their rate is garbage (6.99%) but I can refinance it after the first payment which is exactly what I'll do. All in all I saved about $9000. The deal was amazing. It also applies to orders and when it arrives, if there's a better deal at the time, I get my choice of which one I want. Way to good to pass up!

Joe, I'm in Canada, so our pricing is different a bit than yours. However, Ford had a sale on with Employee pricing less $3000 discount off of which I got a further $1000 for A plan. In addition, after taxes, I received another $1000 discount for being a Cosco member as well as $1000 for financing with Ford credit. Their rate is garbage (6.99%) but I can refinance it after the first payment which is exactly what I'll do. All in all I saved about $9000. The deal was amazing. It also applies to orders and when it arrives, if there's a better deal at the time, I get my choice of which one I want. Way to good to pass up!

GREAT going, Rich, I have to get down to the dealerr to get down to business. Also have to see what my totally loaded out 06 Explorer Limited (MSRP $42,995) is worth. Spoke with a friend that a repair shop in town, sells a lot of customers cars, feels that I chould have no problem selling mine for $17,000. If I trade it in, and can get 15K+, that helps offset sales tax by trading it in. Did you buy going through Costco, or mjust because you are a Costco member? I am leaning toward Ingot Silver with black, or else White Platinum. The Explorer is Dark Stone, a real sharp color, and the wife's MKS is cinnamon, 2 dark colors rough to keep clean. Happy motoring.

Joe

GREAT going, Rich, I have to get down to the dealerr to get down to business. Also have to see what my totally loaded out 06 Explorer Limited (MSRP $42,995) is worth. Spoke with a friend that a repair shop in town, sells a lot of customers cars, feels that I chould have no problem selling mine for $17,000. If I trade it in, and can get 15K+, that helps offset sales tax by trading it in. Did you buy going through Costco, or mjust because you are a Costco member? I am leaning toward Ingot Silver with black, or else White Platinum. The Explorer is Dark Stone, a real sharp color, and the wife's MKS is cinnamon, 2 dark colors rough to keep clean. Happy motoring.

Joe

Joe, I'm not sure of how the taxes work where you are, but in Ontario, you save 13% on taxes with your trade. (We are taxed to death here!) If you sell yours privately with the understanding it goes through the dealer as a trade through, then it's a win-win. I did that with the FX and with my STS I had before that. It was more complicated with the STS b/c there was different taxes owing if you bought privately, but it still worked out. For the Cosco discount, one just needs to be a member, that;s all. Just show the card. I was tempted to get the Platinum...it looks great. I am just a sucker for a mint, black paint job. My disappointment is that the black is metallic, which will not show the depth of reflection that straight black will. Oh well, nothing's perfect I guess. Good luck on making your deal.

Joe, I'm not sure of how the taxes work where you are, but in Ontario, you save 13% on taxes with your trade. (We are taxed to death here!) If you sell yours privately with the understanding it goes through the dealer as a trade through, then it's a win-win. I did that with the FX and with my STS I had before that. It was more complicated with the STS b/c there was different taxes owing if you bought privately, but it still worked out. For the Cosco discount, one just needs to be a member, that;s all. Just show the card. I was tempted to get the Platinum...it looks great. I am just a sucker for a mint, black paint job. My disappointment is that the black is metallic, which will not show the depth of reflection that straight black will. Oh well, nothing's perfect I guess. Good luck on making your deal.

Thanks Rich, will have to see if the dealer let me do a private sale as a trade, to save the sales tax. Here in New Jersey, we have 7%

sales tax, not too bad, but enough to add 3K + on a new car. I considered a Edge Limited, but I like 10 way power on both front seats, along with power lumbar, and power tilt/telescopic wheel with memory. Also power mirrors with memory on both sides is a +, my wife and I have 2 totally different positions with seats and mirrors. You go through life once, why not get spoiled a bit ! :yup:

Thanks Rich, will have to see if the dealer let me do a private sale as a trade, to save the sales tax. Here in New Jersey, we have 7%

sales tax, not too bad, but enough to add 3K + on a new car. I considered a Edge Limited, but I like 10 way power on both front seats, along with power lumbar, and power tilt/telescopic wheel with memory. Also power mirrors with memory on both sides is a +, my wife and I have 2 totally different positions with seats and mirrors. You go through life once, why not get spoiled a bit ! :yup:

Buddy, I hear ya..I'm only 46 and already have had too many buddies die. Don't ever count on tomorrow being here. It's great to plan for the future, but not at the cost of today!