2011 Lincoln MKX...already having issues

masonmovin925

I love this car. It is beautiful. It's the first car I've ever purchased on my own. But it was delivered on Saturday and I'm already having problems with it. They dvd navigation says it is reading fault. It doesn't let me connect my iphone. Some of the buttons on the wheel don't let me scroll through options--but keep going back to the same screen. SO FRUSTRATING.

I love this car. It is beautiful. It's the first car I've ever purchased on my own. But it was delivered on Saturday and I'm already having problems with it. They dvd navigation says it is reading fault. It doesn't let me connect my iphone. Some of the buttons on the wheel don't let me scroll through options--but keep going back to the same screen. SO FRUSTRATING.

The navigation is SD card based not DVD

Some people have had problems with the SD card that re-seating it (popping it out and back in again) have fixed. Others had to get new cards from the dealer. You might want to try re-seating it and see if it works.

If it doesn't then try another SD card with some music files and see if it can read that card. If it does then it's probably the SD card and not a problem with the reader itself. If it can't read the music files, then it might be a bad SD card reader.

Basically, with either a bad SD card or a bad reader you would have to contact your dealer to get fixed. If it's just the SD card, it's a much easier fix that won't mean you lose your MKX while it's in the shop.

This is probably more what you were looking for when you originally posted. Hope it helps.

-Tonya

Some people have had problems with the SD card that re-seating it (popping it out and back in again) have fixed. Others had to get new cards from the dealer. You might want to try re-seating it and see if it works.

If it doesn't then try another SD card with some music files and see if it can read that card. If it does then it's probably the SD card and not a problem with the reader itself. If it can't read the music files, then it might be a bad SD card reader.

Basically, with either a bad SD card or a bad reader you would have to contact your dealer to get fixed. If it's just the SD card, it's a much easier fix that won't mean you lose your MKX while it's in the shop.

This is probably more what you were looking for when you originally posted. Hope it helps.

-Tonya

Thanks for the info! I feel like it might be more than the card unfortunately, since the ipod hook up wouldn't work either.

Congrats on your MKX! What colour did you get? I've got a black/black on order and am hoping to have it by mid November. I read somewhere on here about an SD Nav problem. I think what happened is the guy ended up getting a new SD card and that fixed it. I'm sorry I don't remember where the post was, I've been all over this site! I am purchasing an extended warranty that covers all the electronics for 7 years. I want that piece of mind. I had a hard time figuring out how to access the menus with the steering wheel buttons on the test drive, they didn't seem intuitive to me...and I'm pretty good at figuring out electronic things. I have read the manuals online a few times to try to make the transition easier. I hope your troubles end soon and you can concentrate on driving down the road with an amazing tune on the radio in a comfortable environment!!

Congrats on your MKX! What colour did you get? I've got a black/black on order and am hoping to have it by mid November. I read somewhere on here about an SD Nav problem. I think what happened is the guy ended up getting a new SD card and that fixed it. I'm sorry I don't remember where the post was, I've been all over this site! I am purchasing an extended warranty that covers all the electronics for 7 years. I want that piece of mind. I had a hard time figuring out how to access the menus with the steering wheel buttons on the test drive, they didn't seem intuitive to me...and I'm pretty good at figuring out electronic things. I have read the manuals online a few times to try to make the transition easier. I hope your troubles end soon and you can concentrate on driving down the road with an amazing tune on the radio in a comfortable environment!!

Thanks! I ended up getting the pearly white--white the tan interior/gray piping. All of the buttons/tech take some getting used to. But it's just like a new phone--gotta play around with it and then it is second nature! :)

I have the same problem with my 2011 Edge. Sync has some serious issues on the software front and Ford doens't know how to fix it yet

I do hope the fix comes soon

I have the same problem with my 2011 Edge. Sync has some serious issues on the software front and Ford doens't know how to fix it yet

I do hope the fix comes soon

If your having SERIOUS issues and Ford DOENSN'T know how to fix it. Demand a new car or your money back.

Cant fix a problem after 3xs.....its lemon law time.

I wouldn't put up with that and no one should.

:wacko:

Hang in there, if you service dept is on the ball, they will resolve your problems. When we got my wife's

09 MKS, there were a few issues that the dealer resolved for us.

Have my eye on the MKX, have a 06 Explorer Limited, totally loaded out. If I can get a decent trade, or private sale, I'll do it now, if not, I'll drive it throught the messy Jersey winter !

Edited by JOEHIO