2011 Sport

randyf

Hello,

My name is Randy & I ordered my Edge Sport last week. Was hedging the fence, almost bought a 2010 & decided to wait for the upgraded Sport for 2011. Had to order it because I wanted no extra options & only wanted FWD (I have a Subaru & F250 if I need 4WD). The only option was the candyapple red paint.

Had a hard time with the dealers. It seems the sales people don't have much time for you if they do not have it in stock. I had to go to the general manager of the dealership to get me a price (and this is a place I buy parts from on a daily basis - I own a repair shop).

I'm really going out on a limb with this purchase because I did not test drive the 2011 Sport (No one around here has one in stock in FWD). Hopefully it will live up to the hype. Would be interested in other peoples opinions of their 2011 Sport.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

My name is Randy & I ordered my Edge Sport last week. Was hedging the fence, almost bought a 2010 & decided to wait for the upgraded Sport for 2011. Had to order it because I wanted no extra options & only wanted FWD (I have a Subaru & F250 if I need 4WD). The only option was the candyapple red paint.

Had a hard time with the dealers. It seems the sales people don't have much time for you if they do not have it in stock. I had to go to the general manager of the dealership to get me a price (and this is a place I buy parts from on a daily basis - I own a repair shop).

I'm really going out on a limb with this purchase because I did not test drive the 2011 Sport (No one around here has one in stock in FWD). Hopefully it will live up to the hype. Would be interested in other peoples opinions of their 2011 Sport.

Randy,

The Sport rides much like a sports sedan would. Its firm, very flat around corners for somethings its size and weight, and really peppy. Just got our Sport and I love it. I prefer the firm ride to the softer floaty ride of the Limited. We just got out of a 2008 limited with 20" wheels and I feared that the Sport might be too jarring of a ride. Surprisingly its not. I think youll be thrilled with your choice. Report back when you get it and let us know what you think.

Honestly, I feel like the Sport with its 22s is about the same ride (better handling by a little) than our 07 SEL with its 18s. The new Limiteds with 18s was amazingly smooth for a vehicle that size. The look of that Sport is just too awesome to pass up IMO. My wife loves the color matched rocker panels and I love the rims... win win! :)

Edited by MrHappy

Hello,

The FWD Sport and it's an absolute win. I love mine more than any other car I've ever driven and everyone I show it to is amazed at the look/capability. I traded in an Infinity for my Edge Sport and never looked back. Congrats on owning the coolest truck on the road.

The FWD Sport and it's an absolute win. I love mine more than any other car I've ever driven and everyone I show it to is amazed at the look/capability. I traded in an Infinity for my Edge Sport and never looked back. Congrats on owning the coolest truck on the road.

...And I can say the same for my Sport AWD..Awesome !

Randy,

The Sport rides much like a sports sedan would. Its firm, very flat around corners for somethings its size and weight, and really peppy. Just got our Sport and I love it. I prefer the firm ride to the softer floaty ride of the Limited. We just got out of a 2008 limited with 20" wheels and I feared that the Sport might be too jarring of a ride. Surprisingly its not. I think youll be thrilled with your choice. Report back when you get it and let us know what you think.

Thanks everyone for the input. I took the wife to the dealer to let her test drive one because I ordered the truck before talking to her about it :o Like most dealers, no one around here has a Sport so we had to drive the Limited FWD. All worked out well & she said to add the navigation package to the order. You know, so we don't have to stop & ask for directions :)

Found performace data while doing some searches putting 0-60 in under 7 secords - not too bad for 4500 lbs.

I saw some posts in here about the sport not having the projector head lamps, but according to window stickers on line, it comes with them.

Thanks everyone for the input. I took the wife to the dealer to let her test drive one because I ordered the truck before talking to her about it :o Like most dealers, no one around here has a Sport so we had to drive the Limited FWD. All worked out well & she said to add the navigation package to the order. You know, so we don't have to stop & ask for directions :)

Found performace data while doing some searches putting 0-60 in under 7 secords - not too bad for 4500 lbs.

I saw some posts in here about the sport not having the projector head lamps, but according to window stickers on line, it comes with them.

Projector beams it does have, it does not come with High Intensity DIscharge (HID) bulbs. BUT... the after market bulbs and ballasts have gotten better through the past few years and theyve also come down in cost as well SO adding HIDs to your current light housing should be easy and cost efficient.