Anyone having touch issues?

masonmovin925

12/07/10: Hmmmm, well I did not get the call today as promised by Ford Corp Rep. Guess the TOOL is Ford cause once again NO FIX for the DEFECTIVE 2011 Ford Edge SYNC!!!

Still completely dead with unprogramable module replacement, no software, no cable fix, no tool fix and vehicle still at dealership service dept.

How many more lies can they come up with? I think I have heard and read all of Ford's excuses now going into the 4th week of them F :censored:' ing with the car instead of making it right.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12/07/10: Hmmmm, well I did not get the call today as promised by Ford Corp Rep. Guess the TOOL is Ford cause once again NO FIX for the DEFECTIVE 2011 Ford Edge SYNC!!!

Still completely dead with unprogramable module replacement, no software, no cable fix, no tool fix and vehicle still at dealership service dept.

How many more lies can they come up with? I think I have heard and read all of Ford's excuses now going into the 4th week of them F :censored:' ing with the car instead of making it right.

I received the same courtesy you did...my new module came in today and they would call me to give me an update. Well, it's after 6:00PM local time and no call. I didn't even bother calling. What's the number to Ford Corporate? The number you called, I think it's time for myself to file a formal complaint.

My car is in the shop today because an update finally came in. Just got an e-mail from them saying:

we are still working on programming your car, we have tried the download from the ford/microsoft server 5 times today and each time the server has crashed mid download- we contacted them and they are having major IT problems and hope to have it resolved by mid day tommorrow-.

Hopefully, it ends up working. They've been great to get me a free rental car every time.

My car is in the shop today because an update finally came in. Just got an e-mail from them saying:

we are still working on programming your car, we have tried the download from the ford/microsoft server 5 times today and each time the server has crashed mid download- we contacted them and they are having major IT problems and hope to have it resolved by mid day tommorrow-.

Hopefully, it ends up working. They've been great to get me a free rental car every time.

My dealer has treated me well too, I was provided a 2011 Fusion SEL - my problem is - This is not the vehicle I paid for. The problem remains unresolved and sounds like it's going to be more of a headache than it's worth. Great car, issues like this make me fear for future issues AFTER the warranty expires. These electronics are NOT going to be cheap either...heck if they charge to just install the updates...cost of ownership will continue to rise.

Oh well...live and learn. Cutting "Edge" and version 1.0 - issues can be expected...I work in I.T.

those of us lacking will be anxious to hear how the update performs. For me if there are any "real" issues resulting form it. I will be concerned about rushing into it. Being a beta tester for the 2001 edge is about the limit. I have been lucky so far, things work, yes I see some issues, but nothing that has yet been that important to me. Nothing like black screens and unable to pair phone, etc that others are experiencing.

Let us know how it goes

.heck if they charge to just install the updates...cost of ownership will continue to rise.

Oh well...live and learn. Cutting "Edge" and version 1.0 - issues can be expected...I work in I.T.

I will fight paying for fix tooth and nail. THey call it a update but I have not heard of any additional functionality, only supposed fixes to bugs. Being in the software industry, we do not charge for TB fixes, only version updates that provide more functionality. Yes, version updates normally include some fixes, but it generally provides more functionality as well. Heck, even Microsoft does not charge for within release updates. ps this is the edited part. I thought there was a technical bulletin issued for this fix, to me that says bug fix.

Edited by bpattie

I will fight paying for fix tooth and nail. THey call it a update but I have not heard of any additional functionality, only supposed fixes to bugs. Being in the software industry, we do not charge for TB fixes, only version updates that provide more functionality. Yes, version updates normally include some fixes, but it generally provides more functionality as well. Heck, even Microsoft does not charge for within release updates. ps this is the edited part. I thought there was a technical bulletin issued for this fix, to me that says bug fix.

Well I broke down and called my dealership to find out what was going on with my new module...LOL - they said the only information they have is waiting on a call from "The Ford Hotline" and my vehicle is in a "hold status". Anyone care to bet they replaced the module, updated the software and it was bricked? LOL

Par for the course! Welcome to The Edge of the world wide wait!!!

Brian

I received the same courtesy you did...my new module came in today and they would call me to give me an update. Well, it's after 6:00PM local time and no call. I didn't even bother calling. What's the number to Ford Corporate? The number you called, I think it's time for myself to file a formal complaint.

12/08/10: I started it through email: crcfmc@ford.com and here are phone #'s: (800)392-3673 or (866) 631-3788. The Rep is calling me tomorrow 12/09/10, to see how I am enjoying my fixed vehicle that is still at the Dealership in Folsom, CA, unfixed and no one has bothered to call as promised on 12/06/10 because some magic TOOL was going to fix it on 12/06/10. We need to get others to join us because this is now a Ford SYNC Scam; they knew these vehicles were defective when they sold them and just wanted to lock us all into Contracts!

Hmmmm, if not a SCAM and not a problem: why has Ford re-routed SYNC issues on this Forum back to their advertising sites; Redirected Hits: 11,154? And, what about all of them at various dealerships through out US and Canada siting unfixed? Last count: all of us on this forum, 80 in another one, 6 at another and on and on...................

Hmmmm, if not a SCAM and not a problem: why has Ford re-routed SYNC issues on this Forum back to their advertising sites; Redirected Hits: 11,154? And, what about all of them at various dealerships through out US and Canada siting unfixed? Last count: all of us on this forum, 80 in another one, 6 at another and on and on...................

Please explain - what did they redirect and where?

The dealers now have new software to upload if that's your problem. It it's a hardware problem then that's a different story.

Stop with the conspiracy theories.

Here is the latest I got from the dealership:

Hi again- we've tried 4 times so far today to download the sync info- if we can -can we keep the car again overnight and we will continue trying to download the info for the my touch?

We are in the same boat, had pretty much the same call, my Edge is spending the night at the dealer for the same reason!

Please explain - what did they redirect and where?

The dealers now have new software to upload if that's your problem. It it's a hardware problem then that's a different story.

Stop with the conspiracy theories.

My dealer doesn't have the update. They tried all day yesterday to download it.

Who's to say what would have happened if they had the update. Sounds like there are many failed attempts to update the system.

Ford has totally screwed this pooch and they knew it when the went to market.

PinkEdge is clearly frustrated and for a good reason. She is entitled to her opinion.

Talked to the service advisor just before they closed for the day. The tech did not get a chance to try the update again today as he was at another location (Dealer has several locations and must only have 1 Sync Tech) but did say that the Tech had been communicating or something like that with Ford. Said that Ford had made some changes in the download that should help the install. Sure sounds like this update is a "Work IN Progress". Hope he is right.

My system was working OK but I just had to get the update :banghead: I believe that Ford will eventually get the bugs out of the update and the system but the big question is WHEN :rant: I would not have requested the update so soon if my Edge had not been in for other service, but that is the way things go sometime :wacko:

Keep telling myself everything will be fine :cry:

Talked to the service advisor just before they closed for the day. The tech did not get a chance to try the update again today as he was at another location (Dealer has several locations and must only have 1 Sync Tech) but did say that the Tech had been communicating or something like that with Ford. Said that Ford had made some changes in the download that should help the install. Sure sounds like this update is a "Work IN Progress". Hope he is right.

My system was working OK but I just had to get the update :banghead: I believe that Ford will eventually get the bugs out of the update and the system but the big question is WHEN :rant: I would not have requested the update so soon if my Edge had not been in for other service, but that is the way things go sometime :wacko:

Keep telling myself everything will be fine :cry:

Well I got the call that my Edge was ready today - module replaced with one from another Edge...LOL. Updated the software, and good to go....wrong.

Tested the MFT/Sync at the service department...findings: SD Fault - never seen that one! Radio controls for treble, base and midrange...nonfunctional.

Keep it until it's resolved. I will not accept anything less than all advertised features working like they were before the system crashed.

If you are getting your Edge updated, make sure you get out the owners manual and test everything - if it's still broke then leave it.

That's all from Edge woes in St. Louis - good luck to the rest of my Edge Peeps! Keep the updates coming!

Well thanks to the supporters on this issue I got Ford Corp to admit there is a problem and the Dealership states there are now 600 Dealers trying to get this resolved. I spent time on the phone with Ford Corp and asked for them to be truthful and finally got an answer although reluctantly that SYNC defects are on more vehicles than just the one I have had in Service. I went to the Dealership and was told they only have a few days to fix because the California Lemon Law kicks in and Ford Corp will have no way out due to the law. We also discussed the fact that Ford was aware of the DEFECTIVE SYNC on the 2011 Edge and shipped them anyway. They were hoping to have a fix before any of them failed and would fix them as warranty issues.

My dealer doesn't have the update. They tried all day yesterday to download it.

Who's to say what would have happened if they had the update. Sounds like there are many failed attempts to update the system.

Ford has totally screwed this pooch and they knew it when the went to market.

PinkEdge is clearly frustrated and for a good reason. She is entitled to her opinion.

Thank-you! I have spent most the afternoon dealing with Ford and appreciate your comment for me.

Well thanks to the supporters on this issue I got Ford Corp to admit there is a problem and the Dealership states there are now 600 Dealers trying to get this resolved. I spent time on the phone with Ford Corp and asked for them to be truthful and finally got an answer although reluctantly that SYNC defects are on more vehicles than just the one I have had in Service. I went to the Dealership and was told they only have a few days to fix because the California Lemon Law kicks in and Ford Corp will have no way out due to the law. We also discussed the fact that Ford was aware of the DEFECTIVE SYNC on the 2011 Edge and shipped them anyway. They were hoping to have a fix before any of them failed and would fix them as warranty issues.

Well I got the call that my Edge was ready today - module replaced with one from another Edge...LOL. Updated the software, and good to go....wrong.

Tested the MFT/Sync at the service department...findings: SD Fault - never seen that one! Radio controls for treble, base and midrange...nonfunctional.

Keep it until it's resolved. I will not accept anything less than all advertised features working like they were before the system crashed.

If you are getting your Edge updated, make sure you get out the owners manual and test everything - if it's still broke then leave it.

That's all from Edge woes in St. Louis - good luck to the rest of my Edge Peeps! Keep the updates coming!

Hopefully all gets fixed soon!

• 2011_ford_edge.jpg

:reading: MyFord Touch Engineers will get the bugs out I am sure!

:headscratch: I Hope!

:glare: Can they?

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-support-troubleshooting/117371-ford-sync-bluetooth-streaming-evo.html

:burnout: Will see....

Edited by Ray4Ward

My dealership is also having issues downloading the update. So obviously not just a problem at one dealership. Also, I don't understand why some people are being nasty to pinkedge. If she's having issues--she's having issues! Why are you taking it personally? Did you make the car??

Thank-you. Here is someone's views that was sent to me:

uglymugs, on 10 December 2010 - 08:49 AM, said:

have a 2011 edge sport,500 miles.every thing was great till the performing maintanance started.now my phone wont pair.pulled fuse 29 and its working ok(for now).glad i found this forum to see its not just me.Pinkedge, you have every right to be pissed.you have a new car thats not running like a new car. keep up the fight.there have been many stop ships in oakville due to quality issues(not assembly,but parts,wether shortage or bad parts) the lots around the plant are now filling up again and when i asked about it i was told"something to do with the touch screen" Yes i work there in quality control(paint) and we take great pride in building a top notch vehicle.nothing pisses us off more than bad press due to vendor issues.this model launch is huge for us and ford and it sucks thats its gettin screwd up.our hours of production have been cut and that generally means parts or quality issues.lets hope ford motor company fixes this problem and fast..

Thank-you. It is nice to have you a Ford employee admit there are defects. The non-believers may be lucky with their Edges for now but their time may be limited?

Let's hope not and hope this is resolved soon for ALL. And, just to note to all others I never said I hated the car "I just want it fixed and what I paid for as advertised".

My dealership is also having issues downloading the update. So obviously not just a problem at one dealership. Also, I don't understand why some people are being nasty to pinkedge. If she's having issues--she's having issues! Why are you taking it personally? Did you make the car??

I to feel for her. I ask myself what would I do If my 40T+ car was in the garage for a month. I think the problem was that she post the same thing on every thread instead of on just the appropriate one. I don't have a problem with anyone airing their beefs or complaining (squeaky wheel gets the grease) but do it in a reasonable manner and not continuously.

I to feel for her. I ask myself what would I do If my 40T+ car was in the garage for a month. I think the problem was that she post the same thing on every thread instead of on just the appropriate one. I don't have a problem with anyone airing their beefs or complaining (squeaky wheel gets the grease) but do it in a reasonable manner and not continuously.

My issues w/ myFord Touch in 3 weeks:

Sluggishness of system

Volume control unresponsive at times on steering wheel. Press once, goes up approx 6 notches. (3x per week) note: happens anytime from startup to car on for hour

Volume control on center console = less issues then above, but still periodically goes up approx 6 notches (1x per week) note: happens anytime from startup to car on for hour

Volume increments to big on my unit. Half-way should be normal/slightly louder than normal, not ear destroying. This is the worst when the above occurs with my 10 week old in the car.

Random (1-3x per week) performing schedule resets.

Re-indexing of ipod over and over when two ipods connected (sync my itunes used along with cleanup of all id tags, refreshed ipod software)

Re-indexing of USB thumb drive over and over again

SD card re-indexes periodically, but significantly less than both aforementioned issues

Album art for the same album is there sometimes, sometimes its not.

2 hard locks with screen freezes, result in a required pull of fuse 29

2 screen locks but still navigable via sync voice commands, result 1x worked fine upon engine cycling, 1x pull fuse 29

When phone attached, shows 1 less bar than on phone screen for both my EVO and wive's pixi

When I switched my phone from a Palm Pre to an EVO, syncing was not working right, result = master reset and all went well with a new sync.

My Pleasures w/ myFord Touch

Both HTC EVO and Palm Pixi have sync, downloaded phonebook, and work with aplomb.

Folks I call state sound quality is great!

Overall impressions and thoughts:

The items I though I would have problems with (phone syncing) have been a breeze.

Clearly having issues with getting music to play reliably, so far the best setup appears to be wives iPod with my music on SD card

Volume levels anger me. The volume adjustments need to be smaller at least on my unit.

Although issues are annoying, especially on a big purchase such as ours, overall satisfaction level from 1 to 10, 10 being best... I rate it at a 6 (just above "meh") Rating would go up 2 for better media handling, and 2 more for better speed.

Just picked up my car from the dealer. They were unsuccessful with the update. It kept crashing. I have to bring it in next week. More things are NOT working from when I dropped it off. No heat. No music. No phone. I am at the end of my rope. I'm tempted to tie a noose in it and slip it over my head! (Obvious exaggeration.) But seriously, this is ridiculous, I'm thinking I might start looking for new cars and talking to a lawyer about the lemon law. :( But I don't even want a new car! I want my Lincoln MKX!