Sythentic or Regular oil?

Garemz

Hi,

I live in Edmonton, Alberta Canada, those who know of the place, know that the Winters here are bone chilling Cold it get's past -30C at times.

What would be the better choice to use for Oil, Synthetic? or Regular Oil?

Cheers

Edited by Garemz

All oils have come a long way with the use of additives but i was informed a few years back. By a chemist that the properties inherent in synthetic oils make them far superior to standard oils in the way they handle temperature extremes. I made the choice years ago to use full synthetic oils in all my vehicles. Search Google, do some reading and see what you think.

Hi,

I live in Edmonton, Alberta Canada, those who know of the place, know that the Winters here are bone chilling Cold it get's past -30C at times.

What would be the better choice to use for Oil, Synthetic? or Regular Oil?

Cheers

Definitely synthetic - it will flow better at those extremes. Ford synthetic 5W-20 should work fine. If you can find a 0-W20 that meets the Ford spec in the owner's manual that would probably work even better.

FYI - the Ford factory oil is a synthetic blend which is better than regular dino oil.

Edited by akirby

Definitely synthetic - it will flow better at those extremes. Ford synthetic 5W-20 should work fine. If you can find a 0-W20 that meets the Ford spec in the owner's manual that would probably work even better.

FYI - the Ford factory oil is a synthetic blend which is better than regular dino oil.

The strange thing around these parts is how relatively hard it is to find any 5-W20 oils. Ford has specified this weight of oil for quite a few years now but few retailers stock it. Yes, I know you can buy the synthetic blend stuff from Ford. I always use full synthetic however.

Edited by Ctrl-z