Eco Boost Article

1duFos

It will be most interesting to see how this option sells. My Ford Dealer (Canada) understands that the Edge Turbo will have a premium price. The wording (my interpretation) on fuel type is that premium is recommended and if it is not used MILEAGE and performance will not be as advertised. The implication being that to get the mileage numbers talked about premium gas will be required. Here in the Peoples Republic of Ontario, premium is about 13% more expensive than the regular used in the V6. Thus, I suggest any mileage improvement will have to have about 13% taken off to show a cost effective solution as well as factoring in the "premium" charge over the life of the vehicle. Further, the speculation is that the towing capacity will be reduced significantly (guess is 1500lbs) At this point the turbo option doesn't seem to make sense to me. O, did I mention the loss of power, which at the current 265 (approx) is only adequate for passing a logging truck up here in the GWN? Will be interested to hear other thoughts

Edited by Theakerr

^ I agree. I think the smartest option for Ford would have been to beef up the front end and trans components, and offer a true Sport version or Edge SHO with the 3.5 EcoBoost, paddles, and hell make it AWD only to handle the output. I wouldve paid for a 360HP monster in the same dress as my 2011 Sport.