I think iOS 4.2.1 fixed my USB Indexing problem

One of the major issues that was frustrating me to no end was after indexing my iPhone4 via USB (4600 songs) I would lose my audio controls (touch screen, steering wheel, voice). The only workaround was unplug it and plug it back in and let it reindex again until it froze again.

I stopped having this issue after updating my iPhone to 4.2.1 and its been over a week. In fact, it doesn't reindex every time I plug the iPhone in anymore. Woo Hoo.

I thought I would post this as I know a lot of ppl were having similar issues

Now if Apple or Ford/Microsoft can figure out why the music doesn't pause when you make an outgoing call using iPhone via USB

One of the major issues that was frustrating me to no end was after indexing my iPhone4 via USB (4600 songs) I would lose my audio controls (touch screen, steering wheel, voice). The only workaround was unplug it and plug it back in and let it reindex again until it froze again.

I stopped having this issue after updating my iPhone to 4.2.1 and its been over a week. In fact, it doesn't reindex every time I plug the iPhone in anymore. Woo Hoo.

I thought I would post this as I know a lot of ppl were having similar issues

Now if Apple or Ford/Microsoft can figure out why the music doesn't pause when you make an outgoing call using iPhone via USB

But it may of introduced a new one....

On Sunday, I noticed that the Info on the iPhone under Bluetooth devices in MFT was still saying 4.1. Ah ha. So I unpaired the phone and reset MFT and paired it again. Now it says 4.2.1. Ok. Still no Artist or Track Info via BT.

Fast forward to today and I get this screen post-11373-048200000 1291150300_thumb.jpg

I have never seen this screen before

Playback controls are gone from the screen and the steering wheel controls do nothing.

Everyday, you get a surprise with this system.

Anyone else seen this?

On Sunday, I noticed that the Info on the iPhone under Bluetooth devices in MFT was still saying 4.1. Ah ha. So I unpaired the phone and reset MFT and paired it again. Now it says 4.2.1. Ok. Still no Artist or Track Info via BT.

Fast forward to today and I get this screen post-11373-048200000 1291150300_thumb.jpg

Playback controls are gone from the screen and the steering wheel controls do nothing.

Anyone else seen this?

I got that screen this past weekend when I was testing the Windows Phone 7 and iPhone 4.2.1

I thought it was the Windows Phone that did it. It went back to normal screen when I made the iPhone my favorite. I haven't seen that screen since.

Anyone else seen this?

I get it on my little screen when I am streaming music via blue tooth - but the big screen stays with controls.

Yesterday morning after hitting the Start button w/ brake (it was already running from Remote Start) I got the SYNC is performing maintenance screen. Plugged my iPad and iPhone in via USB for my long morning commute, everything is working via USB as it should. Even did a quick index. During my lunch break, used iPhone for audio via BT, it reverted back to:

I get it on my little screen when I am streaming music via blue tooth - but the big screen stays with controls.

Controls worked (screen and steering wheel) but no audio. I noticed that I didn't have the option on the iPhone to switch between SYNC and the iPhone speaker on the iPod screen. But it was indexing the iPhone at the time. It seems if you have large music library and it is performing a full index, you have to wait at least 5 to 10 mins before you can do anything. Unfortunately, i am not in the Edge for too long during lunch. It might start working after a couple lunch break once the indexing is done.

I thought this was a problem Apple introduced with the new update but now maybe not.

Here is a new thing after the maintenance screen, there is a huge delay between press the voice button and when she comes on asking to state your command.

Like I said, every day there is always a surprise