New Edge Arrives Tomorrow

Our new Edge arrives tomorrow at our dealership here in OK. We didn't have to wait long, as they found one spec'ed as we wanted about 150 miles away, so they're gonna go get it tomorrow for us.

Here's what we'll be getting:

SEL +

Black Clearcoat and (black?) leather interior

Navigation package

Vista Roof

Reverse sensor

Wheels (can't recall...they're the $750 option variety)

Rear cargo management system

Here's what we're getting rid of:

2005 Nissan Murano

35,000 miles

Navigation, touring option, leather interior

More rattles than most babies can stand

A transmission that refuses to go into park intermittently

We're excited about the Edge...and our return to the Ford family!

Mike

Yippeee a conquest...

You should tell us more about why you are giving up a fairly recent Murano for the Edge.

What made you do it?

I would have considered the Murano if there was no Ford Edge. Did you test drive an Edge?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Edgy Girl

Yippeee a conquest...

You should tell us more about why you are giving up a fairly recent Murano for the Edge.

What made you do it?

I would have considered the Murano if there was no Ford Edge. Did you test drive an Edge?

Thanks in advance

Edgy,

Yep....we test drove a couple of Ford Edges at the dealer. I felt it had the best ride, as we were comparing it to the Mazda CX-7 and CX-9. The power felt just about right, too (the CX-9 felt a little underpowered). The Edge fell right in between the two Mazdas in terms of price.

We're getting rid of the Murano because of the rattles all throughout the dash that never seem to be present when the car's at the dealership (have the Japanese invented a "dealership proximity sensor" for their cars?). The rattles aren't all that bad...more of a nuisance than anything. The serious problem, though, is that over 6 times now the car won't shift into Park after driving it to work (as per my wife...I'm only "allowed" to drive the car on the weekends). She has to wait 5-10 minutes with her foot on the brake before it eventually will shift into Park. Again...the dealer can't find anything wrong with it.

Other reasons we're moving to the Ford Edge today:

1. I've read a lot of reports of failed CVT transmissions on the Murano.

2. The Murano is a very noisy vehicle to drive for extended periods.

If it weren't for the quality deficiencies, we'd never trade a car in this soon, Edgy. But, my wife just doesn't have any confidence in her Murano anymore....so we're doing a 39-month lease on the Ford Edge. (And the Edge will look good parked next to my F-150!).

Radical :hyper: The Edge is certainly winning back former Ford customers as well as new converts :happy feet:

I'd like to hear about how the Edge compares to the Murano in terms of braking, handling, seat comfort, etc.

From our test drive, I'd rate the Edge superior to the Murano. I will, however, provide a more detailed response after I've had a chance to drive it more than a few minutes.

I hope those lurking here for Edge info - pick up on the fact that the Japanese are not faultless with their vehicles.

I think your notes just makes the point - Ford can make and did make a very competitive vehicle with the Edge. In spite of all those "toys" that people like to have (and complain they dont have with the Edge - bluetooth, reverse camera, powerlift gate) - this is a GREAT RIDE.

So... if you are not spoiled for your techie toys - Edge is more than enough vehicle for the general population.

I hope those lurking here for Edge info - pick up on the fact that the Japanese are not faultless with their vehicles.

I think your notes just makes the point - Ford can make and did make a very competitive vehicle with the Edge. In spite of all those "toys" that people like to have (and complain they dont have with the Edge - bluetooth, reverse camera, powerlift gate) - this is a GREAT RIDE.

So... if you are not spoiled for your techie toys - Edge is more than enough vehicle for the general population.

Edgy,

You're right...the Japanese certainly don't have an exclusive when it comes to quality (although Consumer Reports may disagree). The Edge, from what I experienced in the brief (10 minute) ride home from the dealer, seems to be a better built car than the Murano. No rattles...everything works as it should.

The car was detailed just fine at the dealership here in Broken Arrow, OK, despite the fact they had to go to Oklahoma City to pick it up today. Our salesman did a great job for us, and he was so new there we were his first sale! My wife and I appreciated the fact that he didn't pretend to know everything...he learned some of the Edge's features right along with us. When we picked the car up, the sales manager had one of their experienced salesmen (who I bought my truck from 3 years ago, as it turns out!) explain all of the controls, switches, and "knobology" to us. They asked us to come back in later this week for another cleaning, as they noticed a couple of spots their detailer missed (we're pretty picky about those types of things, and didn't notice the missed spots).

If folks are interested, I could provide a better comparison of the Edge to the Murano as I get some more miles in it. So far, though, I think we're going to love this car.