Volume controls not working on my 2011 Edge

The volume controls on my 2011 Edge are not working. If you turn the volume knob on the dash, it shows the volume moving up and down on the screen, but you can't hear it going up and down. If you turn up the volume control on the steering wheel it turns loud for a second and then goes right back down to the same low volume. This is also affecting the Bluetooth volume when I am on the phone, I cannot hear the people I am talking to through the car speakers nor can I turn the volume up. Has this happened to anyone else?

I was having the same issue others have posted about....pushing the volume button on the steering wheel, a delay and the volume shoots up to a really high volume and then you have to use the dash volume control to turn it down. Now I have lost total control of the volume.

The volume controls on my 2011 Edge are not working. If you turn the volume knob on the dash, it shows the volume moving up and down on the screen, but you can't hear it going up and down. If you turn up the volume control on the steering wheel it turns loud for a second and then goes right back down to the same low volume. This is also affecting the Bluetooth volume when I am on the phone, I cannot hear the people I am talking to through the car speakers nor can I turn the volume up. Has this happened to anyone else?

I was having the same issue others have posted about....pushing the volume button on the steering wheel, a delay and the volume shoots up to a really high volume and then you have to use the dash volume control to turn it down. Now I have lost total control of the volume.

Sounds like a symptom that can be fixed by the recent upgrade...oh wait. That's not a good idea.

Pull fuse 29 instead

i had the same thing happen fonud out the system was still trying to down load a route pressed the buttom on the steering wheel canncled route and got my volum control back i'am really getting tired of all the priblems the fun of a new car is gone :banghead:

i had the same problem on the new update as well, but i solved it. All you have to is go into menu and then system settings and adjust the volume for the prompt and then it goes back to normal. this problem occurred multiple times in one day and this simple solution solved it each time. Now after that one day the problem has not been back in 5 days.

• 10 years later...

In my case, I have the 2011 Edge Sel. The knob on the central control doesn't work when I want move up or down the vol (no screen shows any alerts or movements.) all have the same vol (radio, bluetooth connection, calls..) the volume button on the wheel does not work, but only that, the voice command, the set button are working.

Nor can I modify any settings that have to do with audio on the screen.

If someone knows what is happening and can explain it to me, I will appreciate it.

One possible solution, if it happens ever once in a while, your SIRUS radio may upgrading the programming listing (does this once or twice a week). You'll have the condition you described until the update has finished downloading and installing. (A few minutes).

And yes, if you turn it up when the audio is blanked, it will be blasting when the audio comes back on.

Easy enough to verify, next time it happens,  check the bottom of the screen display, should say something like "upgrading" or similar.