Remote Start Options for 11 Edge Limited

trockli

Hi,

Decided to buy a 11 Limited in the base version. Knowing it doesn't have a remote start. It appear that there is a Ford option (~$490) to add one. However, this would give me an other fob.

Are there other option?

Is there any way to use a iPhone for the remote start?

Viper I believe makes a remote start that has an iPhone app - but not sure how it works... But I do know it is a good brand.

• 3 weeks later...

I am waaay late to this, but I had Ford install mine. I put it into the purchase price, and it was less than $490.

I did not get an extra key FOB, but just 2 extra keys with the remote start button in the lower right corner. They also programmed the myford touch to go along with it so I now have "REMOTE START" in one of my menus.

Yeah I looked into the Ford unit and found out it sucked royally. Sorry we couldnt help you sooner.

I paid $503 for a python 872 and it does way so much more than the Ford unit, makes the Ford unit seem like a Fisher-Price toy.

Python and Viper are owned by the same Company called DEI. http://www.directed.com/

Well I hope this will help a new person from buying a stock Ford unit.

P.S. Best buy is a ripoff for Alarm installation. They wanted to charge me $649 for the exact same alarm install for $503 that I paid somewhere else. Actually the install I had done for $503 had more add-ons included than the Best Buy price of $649..... If Best Buy would have added the 2 extra options (hatch pop, defogger turn on) I had included for free in the $503 price I would have paid over $700.