Accessory Delay

nextime

Anyway to disable the "Accessory Delay"?

I know when you open the doors the system will shut down however I just got a remote start installed and when I start the vehicle and if I decide not to leave and shut it down the radio will keep playing for 10 min til the Accessory Delay kicks in.

Anyway to disable the "Accessory Delay"?

I know when you open the doors the system will shut down however I just got a remote start installed and when I start the vehicle and if I decide not to leave and shut it down the radio will keep playing for 10 min til the Accessory Delay kicks in.

I can tell you there is no option in the various menus to shut it off. It is one of those built-in features. I did not have it on my FX35 and I missed it. I can see in your case why you'd want it disabled, but I am glad it has it.

It is nice to have if you enjoy this option if needed but I never had a use for it. I had it on my 2001 Vette and it also was an annoyance. On every car I had I always rolled up the windows before shutting the vehicle off, now the kids can bump a window button and roll one down just before I open a door and then I have to key it back up again to roll them up. I dont see why the radio needs to be on an extra few seconds before exiting the vehicle either.

I can tell you there is no option in the various menus to shut it off. It is one of those built-in features. I did not have it on my FX35 and I missed it. I can see in your case why you'd want it disabled, but I am glad it has it.

It is nice to have if you enjoy this option if needed but I never had a use for it. I had it on my 2001 Vette and it also was an annoyance. On every car I had I always rolled up the windows before shutting the vehicle off, now the kids can bump a window button and roll one down just before I open a door and then I have to key it back up again to roll them up. I dont see why the radio needs to be on an extra few seconds before exiting the vehicle either.

This was discussed over in the fusion forum for the same reason. It looks like the only possible way is to either cut the accessory delay power wire or replace it with a switched power source. Unless they changed it on the Edge the SJB controls the accessory delay power feed, shutting it off after 10 minutes or if a door is opened. You can just bypass that with a switched power supply (theoretically). I'd be careful though - you could screw something up. Do this at your own risk.