Everything else but an audio jack...

I bought my 2011 edge about 2 weeks ago and I'm kinda bummed that theres no sign of a stereo audio jack to hook up my Ipod or zune into. I do realize that using the apple ipod cable thru the USB port connects to some of my apple devices somewhat works, but a LOT of devices can't play off of USB.

I get a component AV in jack, USB ports, SD card reader, and bluetooth, but no simple audio input jack. Anyone else bothered by this?

Plus with all the MFT issues my Iphone doesnt pair nicely, which the simple way around is an audio jack.

Unless they put it in some stupid place I can't find, I do believe it should be in the middle console next to the others.

A simple audio jack wouldn't pass through the information of, genre, artist, playlists, albums, album covers, etc... Thereby eliminating all the happy voice control.

It would defeat the purpose of the high tech system installed in the Edge.

So, simply said, it's just too low tech for this vehicle.

I bought my 2011 edge about 2 weeks ago and I'm kinda bummed that theres no sign of a stereo audio jack to hook up my Ipod or zune into. I do realize that using the apple ipod cable thru the USB port connects to some of my apple devices somewhat works, but a LOT of devices can't play off of USB.

I get a component AV in jack, USB ports, SD card reader, and bluetooth, but no simple audio input jack. Anyone else bothered by this?

Plus with all the MFT issues my Iphone doesnt pair nicely, which the simple way around is an audio jack.

Unless they put it in some stupid place I can't find, I do believe it should be in the middle console next to the others.

Just use the component AV in audio jacks. You just need a headphone jack to RCA plug y cable. I used one to add a PIE adapter and headphone input jack to my 06 Fusion that didn't come with any type of aux input.

Just use the component AV in audio jacks. You just need a headphone jack to RCA plug y cable. I used one to add a PIE adapter and headphone input jack to my 06 Fusion that didn't come with any type of aux input.

Looks like this. http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=665&seq=1&format=2

you can usually find it at your local dollar store.

M.