New Edge Sport Owner!

tayfont15

Hey everyone just wanted to introduce myself in here. I just ordered a 2011 Edge Sport AWD from ford. It takes about a month and half to get it from the factory but I am very excited to pick it up.

For everyone who has one what are your pros and cons on the vehicle and what types of modifications have you done and recommend. I hope you all have a happy new year!

~Tayfont~

Hey everyone just wanted to introduce myself in here. I just ordered a 2011 Edge Sport AWD from ford. It takes about a month and half to get it from the factory but I am very excited to pick it up.

For everyone who has one what are your pros and cons on the vehicle and what types of modifications have you done and recommend. I hope you all have a happy new year!

~Tayfont~

Just got my new Edge Sport. Love the ride and even though it is over 4000 pounds can move when I want it to. Just put on Snow tires for winter, boy are those 22" puppy's heavy, but sure look good. I am looking at getting a bug shield for it. Any recomendation out there.

How does it drive in the snow, that is one thing im worried about because I drive to tahoe alot to go snowboarding.

Welcome and congrats! We just purchased our 2011 Sport in AWD nearly two months ago. Other than the MyFordTouch being a little glitchy at times, the truck is incredible. It is an amazing ride and even with the tires provided, it handles great in the snow. We plowed through nearly 5" like it was our job. Upcoming mods are obviously HID headlights (what was Ford thinking?), front window tint, and a drop. I'm also going to change all of the lighting to LED. It's an amazing truck, though.

Edited by Decipher

• 2 weeks later...

We got a black 2011 Edge Sport FWD Vista Nav Leather BLIS (keyless thingy) and we LOVE IT! Paid off our 06 Mercury Mariner and asked the dealer to get a Sport so I could see one (besides internet). I was first to drive and texted wife the price ( she said no way)! She however, made the same mistake and saw and drove it, and we wanted to hide it so nobody could buy it before us! It is so exciting, and entertaining to drive I think it is spoiling me!

I used this site to get an idea of price and whether people liked owning one or not (glad I didn't see some of them),so thank you! Put me down as a very proud owner.

Just found out yesterday we don't have Adaptive Cruise Control and I was disappointed! I had poured through the Ford Build and Price site and thought it must come standard on certain levels, because I didn't see it as an option there. Does anybody know if it is easy to add?

Congrats on your new purchase!

Pros after 1 week of ownership are; No major problems to report--not even with MyFordTouch, Great drive, great handling, great Sirius radio

Cons; Wife will miss car-like ride (she feels it's a bumpier ride now with the 22's) , 5 years of payments ahead of me :cry:

Mods- Haven't considered yet.

~Tayfont~

I got my 2011 edge sport in nov. and so far I put in hid head lights and set up the leds in the front bottom to act light daytime running lights so they come on all the time the hid lights are really good ,love the edge sport,I had bought a 2010 srx cadillac performance last feb and couldn't wait to get rid of it.The ride was horrible and it was at the dealer for 6 weeks total at various times for different things.It was the worst car I had ever bought.The edge rides like a dream compared to the srx.