How cold does your AC blow ?

It was 98 here a day or two ago, and mine would freeze you out in the front seats. Suggest a check of refrigerant.

I'm with you. Memphis, TN. Hot and humid. Temp these last few days never below 91. Carbon Edge, BAMR and Camel interior.

Once I get in the Edge, I roll down the driver's window and turn the AC on Auto (with recirulate on).

I roll the window back up after about a minute and within less than a mile, I have to "slow" down the

AC fan.

And with the steering wheel in the "up" position, the cold air is blowing directly on my face.

Definitely cold AC.

My husband took ours back to the dealer about a week ago because he didn't feel it was cooling well. The dealership found that it did not have enough coolant fluid??? or whatever they have in them......charged it and it works great now, in fact, after a while we have to shut it down we get cold.

I hope that helps someone.

! My wife complains about the vents not pushing the air towards her face, only at her arms - this is a vent issue with those long narrow slits they have on there, whereas most cars have those boxy vents. The car cools down plenty quick enough, but the air may not blow on you as much as in other cars where you get a bit more directional control, thus making it feel like the car isnt cooling as your sweat on your skin isnt able to evaporate as easily.

This is my only problem with the A/C is the lack of being able to control where the air goes. They missed it on this one. Cars I have had in the past have had better vents and a lot more control so I know those vents are out there. Aside fromt that the A/C works great and cools the car down quickly.

Hmm. I think I am going to have to take mine back to the dealership and get it checked out. I am in Austin Texas and it is starting to get warm after all of the cool rain. My Edge does not get that cold. I usually have my ac set to the max and the fan on 3 or 4. Interestingly enough, my kids get cold in the back seat and my wife and I are still hot in the front seat. The black leather interior is not helping. I might get a dash cover to help with this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is now 5 days old. I live in Phoenix where it gets HOT, as in well over 100d.F. every day for 5 months of summer, and in June thru Aug., into the hundred-and-teens about every day. A few Edges I drove at dealers seemed not to work very well, but I'm quite satisfied with my AC's performance.

I agree with those commenting about the cold-air vents--they may be big, but they're not very directional.

Edited by jeffreybehr

In my car, the air blows plenty cold,(in recycle mode) just not much air movement. Hubby says the blower is just not big enough.

Also, with the fact that you can't close the vent in the back seat takes away from the air speed. (What where they thinking here??? You can close off the side vents up front why not in the back seat? Someone will probably say it is to cool off the back...I would rather have some windspeed up front, forget the back if no one is back there!)

In his 4 door Chevy Duramax, the blower is tremendous! I mean it will blow your hair straight out from your face like you are in a wind tunnel! That whole cabin is cool in literally MINUTES! His air ROCKS! :rockon:

I thought you weren't participating in this forum any more??

She hung out on that "other" Edge board but probably figured we're a lot more fun.

Hmm....she might have "banned" me from replying to her posts on this board too so she might not even

see my post.

Oh well.

If you can read this, Welcome Back.

Yes, the puta has even removed her personal statement that says she won't be participating.....I wouldn't say "welcome".....that's like welcoming an STD, or some virus.....I, personally, would say..."Don't let the door hit you in the ass when you leave.." or something similar.....

As to the topic at hand....Do all you complainers have Edges made before Jan. 07 of this year?? (sour6116, no need to answer)....Mine was made Feb. 18, and I have absolutely no complaints about anything at all. The odometer just turned 12,500 miles, the air blows as cold as sour6116's heart, no complaints about blower force (I refrain from the crude, but accurate remark I could make about the sour one)...nothing has fallen apart, come loose, turned color....no rattles, shakes, or malfunctions.....maybe the forum(s) just attract people that just like to find fault and complain (ahem...sour6116), I don't know.....

Yes, the puta has even removed her personal statement that says she won't be participating.....I wouldn't say "welcome".....that's like welcoming an STD, or some virus.....I, personally, would say..."Don't let the door hit you in the ass when you leave.." or something similar.....

Now, now, now. So she has a...unique...way of posting and expressing herself.

Everyone deserves a second chance. It is possible she has seen the error of her ways. She obviously discovered that this is a better board and is attempting to come back to us.

She might not be particularly fond of Humble Pie but in her own special way, she is tasting it.

Life is short. I'm willing to give her another chance. Even if she did say I was mean and treated her badly here.

Oh yeah..and that banning me thing. Still cracks me up.

:hysterical:

As to the topic at hand....Do all you complainers have Edges made before Jan. 07 of this year?? (sour6116, no need to answer)....Mine was made Feb. 18, and I have absolutely no complaints about anything at all. The odometer just turned 12,500 miles, the air blows as cold as sour6116's heart, no complaints about blower force (I refrain from the crude, but accurate remark I could make about the sour one)...nothing has fallen apart, come loose, turned color....no rattles, shakes, or malfunctions.....maybe the forum(s) just attract people that just like to find fault and complain (ahem...sour6116), I don't know.....

My AC blows pretty good.......my hubby doesn't think so though. We had it checked and they added refrigerant. The biggest thing we notice, if the glove box is open, the air blows better. The glove box blocks the a/c flow apparently.........think they should fix that.

:redcard:

Blazing Copper !!!!!!

Not very cool either, takes a while to chill down...that is the second flaw I have found in mine.

The first is a MAJOR flaw, in design I believe.... drive with the front 2 windows up, the rear 2 down all the way, pick up speed to around 45-50 mph, the back glass and tail-gate start to vibrate violently, getting wors as you pick up speed. I had to pull over getting on the freeway, thinking the back glass was going to

explode !!

Other tan that, it's one great ride.

BTW, I traded in the Hankook tires and put on some Goodyears, 20 in city, 30-34 on highway !!!! :happy feet:

The wind issue seems prevalent in almost every suv I have driven. My dad's highlander has an absolutely awful wind noise with one of the back windows open just a crack. I drove an rental expedition el for the past two weeks and while the noise was present (only with the window all the way down), it was much more bearable than the highlander, and could be completely bypassed by cracking any other window in the car a tiny bit. I have also noticed the problem in my buddy's jeep.

No problems here. Its just big inside and has few vents. Roll windows down for few miles as someone suggested to get the air thats 40-50f hotter than outside air out. Close the sunshade when parked.

AC @ 32F seems low. What the tolerance of that IR temp gun? Not that it matters...

Those with problems get a gauge and check charge of A/C. R-134A should be 1.21 lbs. on low side.

Same wind noise with Arcadia, Explorer and Yukon. Very bad on Arcadia, hurts your ears! Yukon is tolerable. Sure don't make 'em like they used too...when they used metal. A wreck with a US made auto from the 60-70's will cut threw new autos like tin foil.