Window Tint

DSC01920-1.jpg

I'm tinted. I guess it is a little better than not being tinted. Still hot and takes the AC a while to actually cool things down. (I guess due to the size of the interior)

I would love to tint VERY dark. But almost ANY tint in PA is illegal. (glad I have my tin :shades: ) That is one of these for you slow folks.....

Badge.jpg

DSC01920-1.jpg

I'm tinted. I guess it is a little better than not being tinted. Still hot and takes the AC a while to actually cool things down. (I guess due to the size of the interior)

I would love to tint VERY dark. But almost ANY tint in PA is illegal. (glad I have my tin :shades: ) That is one of these for you slow folks.....

Badge.jpg

Jimmerz,

Did you do the windows your self or did you take them to a shop? And would you mind telling me what it costs to tint your windows?

I took it to a shop and it was $35 per window here as well. so $70 total. I have a friend who does this and he has a VERY good tint guy. Make sure you check around, there are some crappy tint people! I think my tint is 35? I can check. I wanted it a little darker than it is so it would match the back. Depending on the angle and sunshine it is actually pretty close.

DSC01919-1.jpg

I took it to a shop and it was $35 per window here as well. so $70 total. I have a friend who does this and he has a VERY good tint guy. Make sure you check around, there are some crappy tint people! I think my tint is 35? I can check. I wanted it a little darker than it is so it would match the back. Depending on the angle and sunshine it is actually pretty close.

DSC01919-1.jpg

thanks guys, I feel a lot better now. I have a friend who seemed to think that window tinting would cost upwards of 200. Which I know is not a lot compared to to the price of a car, but is still quite a bit. 70-100 is pretty reasonable. I'm hoping to get my Edge sometime this month and living in the heat of Texas, tinting is the first thing on the to-do list.

• 4 weeks later...

Front window tint is illegal here in California. As is about every thing..... We will however be doing 35 on the front 2 windows to match up better with the rears. My friend who does the tint says that by tinting the fronts, it will make the rear seem even darker..??.. We will see... So long as we don't get busted and have to remove it we will be fine. The whole vehicle being a dark color (Carbon Metalic) gets real hot regardless of how dark the windows are.

• 3 weeks later...

I write very little but read a lot. I have never tinted my windows but did so after reading this forum.

Had a very nice local guy here in MA do it - I did the front driver and passenger - bringing them to 35 which is the MA limit. I also did a strip across the front windshield (about 8 in - a little longer than legal).

The windshield will take some time to get used to but I really am liking it. Whoever said it went well on the Edge was correct - it looks great. My car is a Creme Brulee SEL+ AWD.

Also did a black pinstripe down the side. REally sets it off. Breaks it up a little. Looking good!

On order is the bumper protector and window visor deflectors.

Thanks for all the ideas!

I write very little but read a lot. I have never tinted my windows but did so after reading this forum.

Had a very nice local guy here in MA do it - I did the front driver and passenger - bringing them to 35 which is the MA limit. I also did a strip across the front windshield (about 8 in - a little longer than legal).

The windshield will take some time to get used to but I really am liking it. Whoever said it went well on the Edge was correct - it looks great. My car is a Creme Brulee SEL+ AWD.

Also did a black pinstripe down the side. REally sets it off. Breaks it up a little. Looking good!

On order is the bumper protector and window visor deflectors.

Thanks for all the ideas!

I have the exact same Edge. Where did you order your bumper protector? Is it front or rear sill?