MFT compatibility issues with Android devices ( Samsung Galaxy S) running 2.2 (FroYo)

I was able to successfully pair my Samsung Captivate running Android 2.2 (FroYo) with MFT on the very fist day when i got the vehicle. It worked flawlessly for one day. Everything seemed to work, except BT streaming, but i expected that not to function properly. I was able to download my entire address book, was making calls and using services through Bluetooth. However, very next day the phone doesn't seem to be connecting anymore, it constantly displays "connect phone", sometimes it would connect for a few minutes and then drop the Bluetooth connection again. I tried re-pairing it numerous times, without any success. I was wondering if anyone else experiencing similar incompatibility issues on other Android Galaxy S devices running 2.2?

I was able to successfully pair my Samsung Captivate running Android 2.2 (FroYo) with MFT on the very fist day when i got the vehicle. It worked flawlessly for one day. Everything seemed to work, except BT streaming, but i expected that not to function properly. I was able to download my entire address book, was making calls and using services through Bluetooth. However, very next day the phone doesn't seem to be connecting anymore, it constantly displays "connect phone", sometimes it would connect for a few minutes and then drop the Bluetooth connection again. I tried re-pairing it numerous times, without any success. I was wondering if anyone else experiencing similar incompatibility issues on other Android Galaxy S devices running 2.2?

Try rebooting sync by pulling and replacing fuse 29.

Pardon my ignorance, I've only had the car for three days now, but where would i find the fuse box?

Sorry to hear.

Just picked up my 11/ SEL, on Wed, paired it up with my 4G Evo. Uploaded contacts over 500 (outside sales), made and recieved hundreds of calls over the past 3 days, while my evo been hooked up through the usb as my music library played on... great system great job Ford... luv MFT

Page 284 in the Owner's manual contains the following:

Passenger compartment fuse panel

The fuse panel is located behind a trim panel on the left side of the driver’s footwell near the parking brake. To remove the trim panel, slide the release lever to the right then pull the trim panel out. To remove the fuse panel cover, press in the tabs on both sides of the

cover, then pull the cover off. To reinstall the fuse panel cover, place the top part of the cover on the fuse panel, then push the bottom part of the cover until it clicks into place. Gently pull on the cover to make sure it is secure. To reinstall the trim panel, align the tabs on the bottom of the panel with the grooves, push the panel shut and slide the release lever to the left to secure the panel. To remove a fuse, use the fuse puller tool provided on the fuse panel cover.

You'll need to lie on the driver's floor mat, etc to gain access to the fuse panel.

Sorry to hear.

Just picked up my 11/ SEL, on Wed, paired it up with my 4G Evo. Uploaded contacts over 500 (outside sales), made and recieved hundreds of calls over the past 3 days, while my evo been hooked up through the usb as my music library played on... great system great job Ford... luv MFT

I am using my EVO too and it works great. The only thing is no contact pictures.

Did yours upload the pics?

This morning I unplugged my iPod in order to upload Sync Status Checker. I'm still waiting for syncmyride.com to update the results and make a recommendation on software upgrade. However, after upload was completed I never plugged iPod back in, and shortly after my Captivate (Galaxy S) magical connected again and started working. I was driving all day and was able to make calls, had my address book available and used Services, just to test it out. I haven't tried plugging the iPod back in, but i have a slight suspicion that the issue has something to do with MFT being overwhelmed when you have multiple devices plugged in/synced at the same time.