Handle unlock automatic is not working

My door entry IA system where you have the key in your packet and then put hand on door handle and it senses and unlocks the door is suddenly not working... anyone else experienced this!

By the way--love my 2011 Ford Edge...

Is it with both keys? if so it has something to do with the system, if it is only one of the key fobs, then I would try a new battery. and No I have not had any issues.

Was it working and now has stopped? Stupid question, but do you realize the button on the outside is ONLY for locking and for unlocking you touch the inside of the door handle? The reason I ask this is for my FX35, the button on the handle did both and it took me a bit to learn the difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Was it working and now has stopped? Stupid question, but do you realize the button on the outside is ONLY for locking and for unlocking you touch the inside of the door handle? The reason I ask this is for my FX35, the button on the handle did both and it took me a bit to learn the difference.

See here:

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/6509-doors-not-unlocking-on-limited/

• 2 weeks later...

My door entry IA system where you have the key in your packet and then put hand on door handle and it senses and unlocks the door is suddenly not working... anyone else experienced this!

By the way--love my 2011 Ford Edge...

I am having the same issue, sort of. Sometimes, when I touch the inside of the door handle, the car will lock and unlock in rapid succession several times, but then ultimately not let me in. I have to keep trying the key fob, open up a back door, and just keep messing with it until it lets me in. I even had the key inside the car the other day, shut the door (did not lock it), and the car locked me out when I tried to get back in! I had to punch in my code to get it to unlock one of the back doors so I could grab my purse with the key in it! This is so frustrating and I'm scared to take it in to the dealership because it sure seems like Ford has NO fixes for any of these (very common) problems!!

I am having the same issue, sort of. Sometimes, when I touch the inside of the door handle, the car will lock and unlock in rapid succession several times, but then ultimately not let me in. I have to keep trying the key fob, open up a back door, and just keep messing with it until it lets me in. I even had the key inside the car the other day, shut the door (did not lock it), and the car locked me out when I tried to get back in! I had to punch in my code to get it to unlock one of the back doors so I could grab my purse with the key in it! This is so frustrating and I'm scared to take it in to the dealership because it sure seems like Ford has NO fixes for any of these (very common) problems!!

My problems got more common until yesterday when I had the latest updates applied to the car. Since then I've not had the problem happen but that doesn't mean its gone away... I'll update once I've had a few days use and see if there is any changes.

• 2 weeks later...