MyFord Mobile app

Few days ago at CES 2011, Ford announcnced a new app called MyFord Mobile. It will be available for most major smart phones, including BlackBerry, Android and iPhone, and there would also be a mobile web application. However, the early indication that its mainly developed for Ford's newly announced Focus Electric due to come out later this year. MyFord Mobile's primary purpose will be to help locate charging stations. Other features also include the ability to lock and unlock the doors, use a built-in GPS system to help you find the car and it can even use power off the grid to warm or cool the car’s interior. While MyFord Mobile is desinged for electric cars, I believe it has alot of potential and hopefully will make it's way to other Ford vehicles in the near future.

If it can arrange to have a Hooter's girl in my car waiting for me, I'll get it right now!

No offense to you or Ford, but I wouldn't wanna be caught dead in an electric Focus even if I have a cool app for it :) However, I would love t o be able to use MyFord Mobile on a smart phone for my EDGE to remote start it and be able to monitor or change in-cabin temperature on a cold day winter day. One of my co-workers has a remote start app for his Tacoma, that he spend over $600. It would be awesome if we can get that for the price of a standard remote start and have it networked through MFT.

No offense to you or Ford, but I wouldn't wanna be caught dead in an electric Focus even if I have a cool app for it :) However, I would love t o be able to use MyFord Mobile on a smart phone for my EDGE to remote start it and be able to monitor or change in-cabin temperature on a cold day winter day. One of my co-workers has a remote start app for his Tacoma, that he spend over $600. It would be awesome if we can get that for the price of a standard remote start and have it networked through MFT.

I am hoping for that app too - I looked into those viper starters with app and decided it wasn't worth it. If you have everything set to Auto it should warm up enough for you - if it is truly cold enough outside.