Mytouch reliability?

Hi Everyone,

I am about to purchase a 2011 Edge with the rapid spec 302A.

I really like the car. But I have been reading about the many issues with the ford MyTouch system.

Are these issues isolated or widespread? Does the latest software update fix this problem? If not do you think that ford will get all of the issues resolved in the near future?

I don't want to buy a car that I plan to own for a while only to have to pay lots of money to have electonics fixed after its out of warranty.

How do you guys like the MyTouch system and how do you feel about its reliablity?

Thanks,

Hi Everyone,

I am about to purchase a 2011 Edge with the rapid spec 302A.

I really like the car. But I have been reading about the many issues with the ford MyTouch system.

Are these issues isolated or widespread? Does the latest software update fix this problem? If not do you think that ford will get all of the issues resolved in the near future?

I don't want to buy a car that I plan to own for a while only to have to pay lots of money to have electonics fixed after its out of warranty.

How do you guys like the MyTouch system and how do you feel about its reliablity?

Thanks,

The latest software seems to have fixed most if not all of the complaints. Don't worry about the electronics themselves - they either die immediately or last forever. And there will be more software updates to fix more problems.

So are you guys enjoying your my touch system alot? how are you liking the new edge overall?

Love the car - it handles wonderfully in the snow and ice. The BAMR lets in much needed light in our dark winter (eventually it might warm up enough to open it). The room is great for my family of three. Adjustable enough that both my husband and I are comfortable driving it. And my 4 year old loves the ambient lighting. Win win for all of us. The touch is great as long as you set your expectations correctly. This is a new technology in a car. It is not your i (pod, pad, phone) it has a responsiveness more like my husbands couple year old garmin. It just takes a half a second and the more touch happy you get, the more it gets confused and slows down (it is microsoft based after all).

You will enjoy the car and learn the system and enjoy it too. Just remember that it isn't apple.... :)