Sync Update Issue

harleymhs

Well today I brought my 2011 Edge in for a oil change and the service advisor said there was a sync update.. Now I get home and I have a LINCOLN logo on my screen instead of the blue oval, and I also noticed that the ambient lighting is all messed up with colors not matching the screen and a GREY COLOR that was NEVER there .. Anyone else have this issue? The dealer is ONLY a Ford dealer so I dont know how this could of happened.. I guess Ill call themm in the AM... But I wanted to know if this happend to anyone else.. I went to change the wallpaper and the default is LINCOLN only Blue Oval FOrd is GONZO.. Can you download that wallpaper anywhere.. Just curious..

Well today I brought my 2011 Edge in for a oil change and the service advisor said there was a sync update.. Now I get home and I have a LINCOLN logo on my screen instead of the blue oval, and I also noticed that the ambient lighting is all messed up with colors not matching the screen and a GREY COLOR that was NEVER there .. Anyone else have this issue? The dealer is ONLY a Ford dealer so I dont know how this could of happened.. I guess Ill call themm in the AM... But I wanted to know if this happend to anyone else.. I went to change the wallpaper and the default is LINCOLN only Blue Oval FOrd is GONZO.. Can you download that wallpaper anywhere.. Just curious..

Other people have had these symptoms. I think the tech should be given another chance to update you system correctly.

Can you go to the syncmyride website and cut and paste your install history from the "Confirmed Installations" link?

It would be interesting to see if you are on v. 2.4 and also whether the update code ends in BD or if a DA appears.

Here is my update history from SyncMy Ride With MY NEW UGLY LINCOLN LOGO! And messed up Ambient Lighting..

SYNC Version

BT4T-14D546-AD

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14F496-AD

BT4T-14F496-AL

BT4T-14F496-BJ

BT4T-14F497-AD

BT4T-14F497-AG

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-AD

SYNC compatible software BT4T-14F500-BE

BT4T-14F603-AD

BT4T-14F603-AG

Here is my update history from SyncMy Ride With MY NEW UGLY LINCOLN LOGO! And messed up Ambient Lighting..

SYNC Version

BT4T-14D546-AD

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14F496-AD

BT4T-14F496-AL

BT4T-14F496-BJ

BT4T-14F497-AD

BT4T-14F497-AG

BT4T-14F603-AD

BT4T-14F603-AG

Looks like it is updated. I've never seen the install process but but I wonder if the tech selected the wrong options.

SYNC Version

BT4T-14D546-AD

BT4T-14D546-AG

BT4T-14F496-AD

BT4T-14F496-AL

BT4T-14F496-BJ

BT4T-14F497-AD

BT4T-14F497-AG

BT4T-14F603-AD

BT4T-14F603-AG

The latest usb update cured my Lincoln logo. That disappeared but my ambient lighting is still messed up