MyFord Touch working flawlessly

Hi Everyone,

I was nervous about picking up my 2011 Edge. I had the dealer do the gen 2 sync upgrade to the car before I picked it up... and I can honestly say its awesome.

I have tested pretty much everything and everything is working perfectly.

I would highly reccomend having the ford dealership do the upgrade before you pick up your car for the first time if possible

• Like 2

Hi Everyone,

I was nervous about picking up my 2011 Edge. I had the dealer do the gen 2 sync upgrade to the car before I picked it up... and I can honestly say its awesome.

I have tested pretty much everything and everything is working perfectly.

I would highly reccomend having the ford dealership do the upgrade before you pick up your car for the first time if possible

Do you now have a Lincoln Logo for yoru default wallpaper? Are your ambient colors switched around and show a GREY Color now?

Ok, I got a late start today due to the ice storm, but by 9:00 the Edge was in the shop. They trold me 45 minutes, but an hour and a half later they told me they were having problems with the Edge and it was freezing up. They gave me a car, and told me they'd call, it might need a new module. 45 minutes later the called and said the second attempt was successful, come pick it up. When I arrived, it even had the wheel locks on all 4 wheels. They told me the locks were with the spare tire, I never checked there so I can't verify that. Anyway. I reloaded my phone book, reset some settings, and noticed that I lost my white/grey color from ambient lighting and now have three blue colors. I'll keep you posted on the operation of the MFT from here on.

My initial impression is that the user interface seems crisp, snappier.

Ok, I got a late start today due to the ice storm, but by 9:00 the Edge was in the shop. They trold me 45 minutes, but an hour and a half later they told me they were having problems with the Edge and it was freezing up. They gave me a car, and told me they'd call, it might need a new module. 45 minutes later the called and said the second attempt was successful, come pick it up. When I arrived, it even had the wheel locks on all 4 wheels. They told me the locks were with the spare tire, I never checked there so I can't verify that. Anyway. I reloaded my phone book, reset some settings, and noticed that I lost my white/grey color from ambient lighting and now have three blue colors. I'll keep you posted on the operation of the MFT from here on.

My initial impression is that the user interface seems crisp, snappier.

Interesting - I Have had three blues from the start - two are definitely different, but two are basically the same. I still have not updated since I only have the nightlight and now sometimes the temps are different from the little screen to the big screen. (One side of the outside is colder than the other?)

MY dealer called me 10 days ago and said there was an update for my Sport and asked when I wanted to bring it in. I asked if they updated any other Edges or if my was the first. They said they updated the ones on the lot and 1 customers Edge who was having some issue. Its been a couple of days and he hasnt called with any issues. They said it would take 1 to 2 hours.

But I'm nervous to have it updated. What if it does more bad then good. I do have the night light that goes out after 10mins on its own and it has only rebooted 3 times since Oct. My issue is to get rid of the lag.

Anyone bring theirs in that didnt really have any issues just to have it updated?

Edited by 11Sport

Anyone bring theirs in that didnt really have any issues just to have it updated?

I really had no issues with my MFT. I had the nighlight issue which killed my battery once, but once that was fixed, everything seemed to work well. The system always seemed to lag a bit, more so when the temps were low, so ill have to see if that changes. LIke I said earlier, my only impression so far was that things seem a little quicker, a little more responsive. I have to check to see that my phone connection does'nt automatically go to "redial last number", and that album art shows up. Id like to see if I can connect wifi through the car so ill need a few days to play with it.

Id say go for it, let them update it.

"Interesting - I Have had three blues from the start - two are definitely different, but two are basically the same."

If two are the same and two are different, doesn't that make four blues?:shades:

Edited by Edgieguy