wheel bearing covered under warranty?

4x4

They're covered unless you have aftermarket wheels.

I have the stock wheels and tires....I just found out my local lincoln dealership was bought out by a gmc place next door and they are telling me for warranty service I have to take it to the ford dealership, which is fine I guess except it will probably be a longer wait time. On a side note, my warranty is about to expire so would like to get all I can get fixed now....did I read somewhere that the silver door panels that look faded and dirty would be replaced under warranty?

I have the stock wheels and tires....I just found out my local lincoln dealership was bought out by a gmc place next door and they are telling me for warranty service I have to take it to the ford dealership, which is fine I guess except it will probably be a longer wait time. On a side note, my warranty is about to expire so would like to get all I can get fixed now....did I read somewhere that the silver door panels that look faded and dirty would be replaced under warranty?

Of course you'll have to take it to a Ford dealer for warranty repair. The door panels might be covered if it looks like a defect and not just normal wear and tear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My rear bearing just went out on my 07 Edge AWD. They told me at the dealership that just the front bearings are covered under the powertrain warranty. This makes no sense to me since it is AWD. Anyone else have this problem? I have 43,000 miles on it. The ABS speed sensor also is out.

My rear bearing just went out on my 07 Edge AWD. They told me at the dealership that just the front bearings are covered under the powertrain warranty. This makes no sense to me since it is AWD. Anyone else have this problem? I have 43,000 miles on it. The ABS speed sensor also is out.

Pyro, the front and rear bearings are covered for 5 years/60,000 miles. Your dealer is full of shit.

Pyro, the front and rear bearings are covered for 5 years/60,000 miles. Your dealer is full of shit.

That's what I thought. They looked up the part number (1104) and said just the front ones are covered. I call BS too. I checked with another dealer and they have not got back to me yet

Thanks.

I have a 2010 sel awd and had a bad rear bearing, so I brought it to the dealership where I purchased it .They told me they inspected all 4 wheels and found nothing wrong .the person in service told me they have crappy loud tires . so I brougt it to a different dealership next oil change and it was the rear drivers side that was bad and it was replaced no problem and covered under warranty .this dealership did every thing they could to sell me this edge but when it came time for some warranty work it was like don,t bother us with your problems . It really makes a big difference which dealership you deal with some of them can be real assholes .Do these dealerships have a hard time getting paid for warranty work ? Ilove my edge but if it,s going to be a hassel having warranty work done it will be my last ford .

Once you sign the papers, your a piece of shit. Yes, some dealers do have issues getting paid from Ford but it really is hit or miss with dealerships. I had my rims replaced every year due to outter lip corrosion.......this totaled $5,000 and I took the car in for a $40.00 rear wiper motor that when running sounded like a steel wire brush scraping inside the motor housing and was told first that all edges do that....then I leveled with the service advisor and he finally told me that he replaced one under warranty for someone else with the same issue and Ford told him that will not be covered under warranty and they had to eat the cost. Which raises another concern......don't you think the dealer could have eaten $40.00 to make sure that a customer who spent $35,000 was satisfied.