SYNC and Texting options

I have an HTC Incredible and it is paired with my Edge. The phone seems to be working great. However, there is an option for texting and message notifications that says it isn't supported. How can I get these to work? I would love to get a tone over the radio to let me know I have a new message or email.

BTW, I just got the sync updated today to the v2.1 which is the latest for my 2008 Limited(syncmyride.com is not showing any available updates now)

I have an HTC Incredible and it is paired with my Edge. The phone seems to be working great. However, there is an option for texting and message notifications that says it isn't supported. How can I get these to work? I would love to get a tone over the radio to let me know I have a new message or email.

BTW, I just got the sync updated today to the v2.1 which is the latest for my 2008 Limited(syncmyride.com is not showing any available updates now)

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the phone. The phone has to support that bluetooth profile and a lot of the new phones don't support that feature. Nothing sync can do about it.

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the phone. The phone has to support that bluetooth profile and a lot of the new phones don't support that feature. Nothing sync can do about it.

Thanks, I "think" it has the latest, but I will jump over to the incredible forum and verify with the experts over there to make sure.

Thanks, I "think" it has the latest, but I will jump over to the incredible forum and verify with the experts over there to make sure.

If MFT tells you it isn't supported, you most likely don't have the needed protocol. In order to get the SMS read to you, your phone needs the MAP bluetooth protocol. There's not too many phones that support it.

If MFT tells you it isn't supported, you most likely don't have the needed protocol. In order to get the SMS read to you, your phone needs the MAP bluetooth protocol. There's not too many phones that support it.

Your sending me in the right direction!! I have found the the Droid X will do this, but haven't found a fix for my Incredible yet.