Detailing Spray

Hey Guys,

Been following a lot of advice on the site for winter cleanup/detailing. I'm waiting for my shipment of ONR from DI and some other Poorboys products as well. I live in the midwest so needless to say the last 2 weeks have not been great for car washing (sub zero temps). We have a good local no-touch car wash w/ undercarriage that I've been using to keep the car clean of salt etc. I use the basic wash (pre-soak/wash/rinse) and then immediately wipe the car down lightly, go home and wipe it down again.

One of my buds has a product called Final Lustre (detailing spray). Can anyone recommend this product? Is this similar to the Poorboy's World Spray and Gloss? Any other type similar product that people would recommend?

Thanks for your help!

H

I am not familiar with that Quick Detailer so I personally can't comment on how good/bad it is. There are a LOT of great QDs on the market. Poorboys World, Optimum, Chemical Guys, Blackfire, and Megs Pro line, Zaino, etc are just a few of them. The biggest thing to consider when shopping for a QD is whether you intend to use it on a clean paint surface or not. There are some QDs that have lubricants in them so you can use them on an unclean paint surface without harming your paint. There are others that need to be used on a clean paint surface only. For example, Poorboys Spray & Wipe can be used to remove light dirt, dust, bird bombs, water spots, etc, while their Spray & Gloss should only be used on a clean paint surface.

It's all a matter of personal preference, but I LOVE PB's S&W to do a quick clean of my vehicles without harming the paint. Chemical Guys Synthetic QD is also a great QD for moderately dirty paint surfaces. I also really like Zaino Z6 and Z8, and Optimum's Instant Detailer and Gloss Enhancer for clean paint surfaces.

Hey Guys,

Been following a lot of advice on the site for winter cleanup/detailing. I'm waiting for my shipment of ONR from DI and some other Poorboys products as well. I live in the midwest so needless to say the last 2 weeks have not been great for car washing (sub zero temps). We have a good local no-touch car wash w/ undercarriage that I've been using to keep the car clean of salt etc. I use the basic wash (pre-soak/wash/rinse) and then immediately wipe the car down lightly, go home and wipe it down again.

One of my buds has a product called Final Lustre (detailing spray). Can anyone recommend this product? Is this similar to the Poorboy's World Spray and Gloss? Any other type similar product that people would recommend?

Thanks for your help!

H

Your ONR will make a great QD. It gives the dilution on the bottle. Very slick stuff and will not mar your paint.