Remote Start Antenna Location

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On the 2011 Edge the antenna is in the rear drivers side quarterpanel, behind the cargo area wall. It is plugged into the TPM (tire pressure monitor) module.

This is correct. I just finished installing my remote start, "plug and play" and this was the case on the 2011. I purchased the kit on line for $180.00 which include 2 OE key fobs, (just had them cut) and a hood switch for $18.00. Installation took about 1/2 hour. which included the time to reprogram the keys. I then had the dealer activate the remote start feature on the vehicle computer. They charged me $39.00 so my remote starter system cost $237.00. I had 3 dealers quote me $550 - 700.

Works great!

• 6 months later...

This is correct. I just finished installing my remote start, "plug and play" and this was the case on the 2011. I purchased the kit on line for $180.00 which include 2 OE key fobs, (just had them cut) and a hood switch for $18.00. Installation took about 1/2 hour. which included the time to reprogram the keys. I then had the dealer activate the remote start feature on the vehicle computer. They charged me $39.00 so my remote starter system cost $237.00. I had 3 dealers quote me $550 - 700.

Works great!

I just go the "200" series plug and play remote start and today I searched both the under the drivers side and passenger side dash and can not find any place where the following 2 plugs from the remote start, plug into the vehicle. Are you saying these are located in the rear of the vehicle?

edge_rs002.jpg

edge_rs001.jpg