Newbie Questions

I am a new Edge Owner, and I have some specific questions I did not see addressed in other threads.

1) Leather Steering Wheel on my Ford Edge. What is best way to protect that from dirt, grime, and keeping the current "new" condition?

2) Front Chrome-Like Grill. I assume is chrome covered plastic. How do I get the bugs & grime off, and how to do protect it from future bugs & grime?

3) The leather seats. It seems like Leatherique Rejuvenator & Prestine Clean are for keeping leather soft & supple. My problem is my 6 year old that drops gummi bears, or otherwise gets the leather sticky. Is there preferred cleaner, for sticky "kid" residue before I use the Leatherique?

4) How do I clean dirt from inside my wheel wells? I assume it's the same car wash Mitt I use for the wheels & tires?

Thanks for the help. I am learning a lot on here.

I am a new Edge Owner, and I have some specific questions I did not see addressed in other threads.

1) Leather Steering Wheel on my Ford Edge. What is best way to protect that from dirt, grime, and keeping the current "new" condition?

2) Front Chrome-Like Grill. I assume is chrome covered plastic. How do I get the bugs & grime off, and how to do protect it from future bugs & grime?

3) The leather seats. It seems like Leatherique Rejuvenator & Prestine Clean are for keeping leather soft & supple. My problem is my 6 year old that drops gummi bears, or otherwise gets the leather sticky. Is there preferred cleaner, for sticky "kid" residue before I use the Leatherique?

4) How do I clean dirt from inside my wheel wells? I assume it's the same car wash Mitt I use for the wheels & tires?

Thanks for the help. I am learning a lot on here.

1. The absorption of oils into leather from your skin can cause cracking. If you use a water based protectant like 303 Aerospace, it will act as a scotchguard and prevent the naturals oils to absorb into the leather.

2. I use Poorboys World Bug Squash to help remove all of the bugs from the front of mine and customer vehicles. It works great. Having your paint protected with a wax or a sealant at all times will make it easier to remove the bugs as well.

3. You could take a hairdryer and warm up the residue a little then wipe off with a damp cloth. Follow up with a leather cleaner of your choice.

4. I use a wheel well brush along with P21S diluted down to 3:1. It will degrease just about anything in your wheel wells. If you choose to use a mitt instead of a wheel well brush, have a dedicated mitt for ONLY the wheel wells. You can even apply your favourite tire dressing to the wheel wells after if you choose. The wheel wells on the Edge are extremely easy to clean compared to some other vehicles.

I hope this helps.