Cabin Filter

Theakerr

Can anyone tell me how to find out if my 2010 AWD Ltd. has a cabin/pollen filter. It was my understanding that all Ltd had them but not so says my dealer who is saying I do not have one.

FYI I have done a search of this forum

I have a 2008 limited and my dealer told me the same thing

but i new better and had them check and sure enough it was

there and dirty. Its located behind the glove box. Takes them 5 minutes

to check. to the best of my knowledge only the limited have them

Thanks Ladybird4. I had a 2008 AWD Ltd and as you say it was there. I now have to confirm that Ford have not "cheapened" the 2010 models and taken it out. Background to this is that I just had the 25,000km service done. According to the dealer this service is a fixed cost package. The owners manual states that this filter should be replaced at the 25,000 km service and therefor, in my opinion should be included in the service package. When I asked about the cabin air filter the above was their response. This could get interesting!!

Thanks Ladybird4. I had a 2008 AWD Ltd and as you say it was there. I now have to confirm that Ford have not "cheapened" the 2010 models and taken it out. Background to this is that I just had the 25,000km service done. According to the dealer this service is a fixed cost package. The owners manual states that this filter should be replaced at the 25,000 km service and therefor, in my opinion should be included in the service package. When I asked about the cabin air filter the above was their response. This could get interesting!!

Remember the filter is overpriced from ford. You can get them online or from a

local parts store at half the price. My dealer in al wanted $24 Plus $14 to put in.

If you search the forums you can find detailed instructions on how to get to

the part behind the glove box.

Yes, it's very easy to replace. Just open the glove box and push the sides inward and pull. The glove box will come out and pull off. You will then see a black plastic box. Just open the box and you will see the filter.

PICT1615.jpg

PICT1613.jpg

Edited by KLC

An online search found a brochure for my 2010. Any model including and above and SEL has the "particulate" filter. Wow $24 is cheap, my dealer wants Can$37 for it. Will check out after-market sources or wait until I visit my Son in the US. Another case of overpriced Canadian product. Thanks KLC, will do it myself (after a discussion with my Ford dealer)

An online search found a brochure for my 2010. Any model including and above and SEL has the "particulate" filter. Wow $24 is cheap, my dealer wants Can$37 for it. Will check out after-market sources or wait until I visit my Son in the US. Another case of overpriced Canadian product. Thanks KLC, will do it myself (after a discussion with my Ford dealer)

Check out this web site for filter. I do not know if they ship to canada.

https://www.logical-source.com/2007-FORD-EDGE-8770.html

• 1 year later...