First weekend with our Edge, I went off road

Kinda....Father has retired to the Thousand Islands, and has bough a beautiful house that just happens to have a boat house! Wife and I use it like a cottage and visit it many weekends in the summer.

We have a gravel road down around Fathers house he built. The VW ran up and down the past three years, so I tried the Edge this weekend.

Wife was a bit pissed because we just got it Thursday, but I reminded her who signed all the papers :shades:

See pictures.

post-833-1182196865_thumb.jpg

I have tried out the Edge in what we call sugar sand here (fine and easy to stick in) and it worked well shifting power around the wheels - well at least we got into and out of the sand! We also took it on some farmland when we went to a pick your own farm the other month and it took the dirt well although i dont think it ever engaged the rear wheels though. I havent take it on my many other backroads yet with dirt, mud, tree stumps and such, but i am sure given time it will happen.

As for your test, did you floor it up the hill or just take it easy? From what i gather there is traction control as well as the AWD that should control that kind of thing. I would hope on a gentle grade like it appears on your photos that the Edge would make it up easily and without spinning out.

Edited by sim

Your "off Road" looks like the road I drive everyday to get to and from work. I only had my edge for about a week when we got pounded with 24 inches of snow took it to the closest empty parking lot and had some fun in the snow you can get the tires to spin in that stuff. Thousand Islands is a real nice place I'm jealous

Looks like fun. I actually had my first run in with disaster the other day. I slowly back into a "log". As I heard it hit the Passenger side rear bumper, I quickly stopped. Slowly began to pull forward and I heard a noise you do not like to hear.

I got out and looked...sure enough, it was behind the dam plastic and pulled it out. Not very noticeable but for a new car and the screws being pulled out of the plastic...I AM A LITTLE TICKED AT MYSELF!

Grrr....sorry a little off topic. I guess since the forum is small and inactive, I thought it was ok to Hi-Jack your thread, lol

Great photos of the Edge (nice setting). What / where are the "Thousand Islands" in Canada? I go to Canada often and I have never heard of them.

Your in Michigan and you never heard of the Thousand Islands!!!! Your kidding me?????

Beautifuly peacefull and relaxing. Unless you like to go fast on the water! Alot of off shore power boats and other boat types too.

Here is a picture from the river. Our boat house with my parents house above up the rock.

post-833-1182365664_thumb.jpg

Your in Michigan and you never heard of the Thousand Islands!!!! Your kidding me?????

Beautifuly peacefull and relaxing. Unless you like to go fast on the water! Alot of off shore power boats and other boat types too.

Here is a picture from the river. Our boat house with my parents house above up the rock.

Never heard of it - but I'm new to Michigan. I am from South and Central Florida. My wife is from Ontario and knows about it though.