MFT Frozen on a hot day

Has anyone in warmer areas experienced the MFT screen freezing on a hot day?

Temps here in L.A. reached 101 today. I met a friend for lunch where my Edge Sport was parked in the sun. When I returned to the car, needless to say, it was pretty hot inside. I drove away and noticed that my phone had not connected yet so I touched the upper left to go to the phone menu, and the screen was frozen. Shortly thereafter, the screen went black except for the colored four corners, clock and temp frozen. The temp and time in the speedo cluster were not frozen and although I was able to use sync commands to work radio, Nav and Phone were disabled.

Got home and let the car cool for 30 minutes, started it again, and everything was fine. I did notice that upon start-up, the time was 3 hours ahead of local time. Then, within 10 seconds or so, the time adjusted to local time.

It gets pretty hot here in SoCal.. is this something I'm going to experience repeatedly this summer?

post-14100-000077700 1301617186_thumb.jpg

Has anyone in warmer areas experienced the MFT screen freezing on a hot day?

Temps here in L.A. reached 101 today. I met a friend for lunch where my Edge Sport was parked in the sun. When I returned to the car, needless to say, it was pretty hot inside. I drove away and noticed that my phone had not connected yet so I touched the upper left to go to the phone menu, and the screen was frozen. Shortly thereafter, the screen went black except for the colored four corners, clock and temp frozen. The temp and time in the speedo cluster were not frozen and although I was able to use sync commands to work radio, Nav and Phone were disabled.

Got home and let the car cool for 30 minutes, started it again, and everything was fine. I did notice that upon start-up, the time was 3 hours ahead of local time. Then, within 10 seconds or so, the time adjusted to local time.

It gets pretty hot here in SoCal.. is this something I'm going to experience repeatedly this summer?

I had a few day last fall at 106 and no problems

Well, no more than usual.

Edited by wilsons66604

Had a similar story here in SW Florida. Not as hot as you stated. On a trip, used bluetooth to make phone calls. Upon completion, touched the "home" icon on the bottom of the screen. The display went to the "Ford" startup / shutdown display and stayed there (frozen?). I also had the narrow 4 corner colored displays. Repeated touching the screen resulted in no changes. Had to restart car to return normal functions.