GPS Unit has wrong city

Our 2010 edge limited says that the name of our home town is some place called "American Falls". In fact, it's nothing like that. I haven't found anything in the manuals (yet) about how to fix this. There's no city, town, village or even street anywhere that I know of called "American Falls". We don't even live in America! Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Thanks for the input. Even knowing that others haven't encountered this is helpful info. We have a tune up scheduled for June, I'll bring it to the dealer's attention and I'll post back after that to let everyone know how this turned out. We live in such a small community that I never use the GPS, but still it's a feature that added to the cost so I'd like for it to be right. Interestingly, it does show the right city when I park it just a few miles from home.

Thanks for the input. Even knowing that others haven't encountered this is helpful info. We have a tune up scheduled for June, I'll bring it to the dealer's attention and I'll post back after that to let everyone know how this turned out. We live in such a small community that I never use the GPS, but still it's a feature that added to the cost so I'd like for it to be right. Interestingly, it does show the right city when I park it just a few miles from home.

You KNOW you're not on the map when......hahahaha, I'm sorry, I just found that really funny. So, it is obviously working, it's just some glitch with your area (area 51??)

The map data base is NOT Navteq (wish it was), it's Telenav. I have an issue where a couple of addresses I went looking for, my home and my daughter's, are not in the Telenav data. In may case the streeet is there just no name for it. Both my '10 Honda and a Garmin unit with '09 maps have the two addresses. I contacted Ford they said report it to Telenav (http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com/mapfeedback/index.php). And, BTW, ther is no current plan to issue an update. As I told them it is a little disappoining to have spend $795 for an out of date mapping data base!!!

The TeleNav maps are way out of date compared to Navteq. I have an old Garmin Nuvi with a more up to date map. My TeleNav map for my area is at least 8 years out of date. I love the 2011 Edge but my biggest disappointment is the Nav system. So I am gonna go with the new Garmin Nuvi 2460LMT.

Well, I've submitted reports to both Telenav and Navteq, so we'll see if anything happens. Turns out we have something leaking, so car is going in to dealer next week and will mention it to them too. You never know. Yup, Richy, we're really "off the map"