Removing headrests

bigalx58

I find it uncomfortable to sit with the way the headrest is set up on my 2010 Edge. I've raised the headrest up as far as it will go and it's better now but not the most comfortable. I wonder if I take the headrest out and turn it around if that would be better, but I can't take the headrest out. I've tried pushing the tab in and pulling the headrest up, but it won't come off! Any suggestions? Thanks.

I find it uncomfortable to sit with the way the headrest is set up on my 2010 Edge. I've raised the headrest up as far as it will go and it's better now but not the most comfortable. I wonder if I take the headrest out and turn it around if that would be better, but I can't take the headrest out. I've tried pushing the tab in and pulling the headrest up, but it won't come off! Any suggestions? Thanks.

I too do NOT like the front seat headrests. The two headrests have small areas in the base of the headrest mounting sockets (on the top of the seats) that need to be pushed in (with your finger tips....no tools needed.

When you flip them around, they aren't nearly as annoying....but now they are a bit too far back. I'd like to see someone offer an aftermarket headrest or headrest cover that looks good, is inexpensive and gets the turned around headrests into a usable position.

I just completed a 2400 mile trip from Indiana to Houston and back to Indiana (to see the Final Four)....and my 2011 Edge was AWESOME !!! This is a GREAT ROAD VEHICLE !!! Every mile in this vehicle was a pleasure. This vehicle is Exceeding my Expectations !!!

I installed my Trailer Hitch and wiring (see another post from me)....flipped my headrests.....and soon will be adding 3 years of SiriusXM - All Audio, plus Travel Link (but NOT including "Traffic") (I found on my trip and prior driving that I don't use the Traffic Notices....).

Again.....Great Road Vehicle.... ;)