Any info on protectants ?

I've used Mothers and Meguires for years, give a great shine, but they only give 2 months or so of good protection. I have been looking into other products, Cquartz nano looks impressive, but I'm wondering if you could still use a carnuba wax on topm of it if you wanted to. Also, Zaino seems to have some good review, along with Klasse all in one Polish, and their seanant glaze. Has anyone used these products?

Thanks,

Joe

Edited by JOEHIO

I've used Mothers and Meguires for years, give a great shine, but they only give 2 months or so of good protection. I have been looking into other products, Cquartz nano looks impressive, but I'm wondering if you could still use a carnuba wax on topm of it if you wanted to. Also, Zaino seems to have some good review, along with Klasse all in one Polish, and their seanant glaze. Has anyone used these products?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe - there is a plethora of topics on sealants and waxes in this very sub-forum. Start with the one right below this one.

Thanks,

Joe

CQuartz is available at Autogeek now. It will blow you away. I guarantee it!! FWIW, I prefer Duragloss products over Zaino. I used to use Zaino until I was directed to DG.

• 2 months later...

I've been doing auto detailing semi-professionally for years, and I have found that there is nothing that compares to the warmth and shine as canauba, but it only lasts for six to eight weeks. I've found that applying a coat of carbauba, THEN applying your synthetic polish or seal with give you the shine you get from carnauba, and the last protection from a synthetic polish. Remember to clay the car first, then wash to remove any clay residue, then apply your wax and polish. If you have a darker color, you may need to have it buffed professionally to remove any swirls or light scratches before starting the process. I do this to my wife's 07 Edge every six months or so, and the black paint is as new as the day we bought it. Good luck!

I've been doing auto detailing semi-professionally for years, and I have found that there is nothing that compares to the warmth and shine as canauba, but it only lasts for six to eight weeks. I've found that applying a coat of carbauba, THEN applying your synthetic polish or seal with give you the shine you get from carnauba, and the last protection from a synthetic polish. Remember to clay the car first, then wash to remove any clay residue, then apply your wax and polish. If you have a darker color, you may need to have it buffed professionally to remove any swirls or light scratches before starting the process. I do this to my wife's 07 Edge every six months or so, and the black paint is as new as the day we bought it. Good luck!

Wouldn't the wax prevent the sealer from sticking to the paint?

The sealant needs to be applied first before you apply your carnuba. Sealants will not bond to a carnuba.