Really loving my new edge but I can't believe the dual climate is married to the drivers temp...

I think ford really missed the point here. My WIFES always cold and I'm always hot. So If I have my temp on 68 and she's in the back with the baby even though the passenger is set on 75 it goes off mine. Oh well can't have everything right?

I never thought about that... I assumed the dual would apply to the back too. Hmmm... well if your marriage is anything like mine, you'll get used to dressing light and in layers. :lol:

The owner's manual hints that the rear should be separately controlled but doesn't actually say it. I suspect there is only one hose feeding the rear even though there are 2 vents in which case it would be impossible to have different temps for each side.

Has anyone else confirmed this?

The owner's manual hints that the rear should be separately controlled but doesn't actually say it. I suspect there is only one hose feeding the rear even though there are 2 vents in which case it would be impossible to have different temps for each side.

Has anyone else confirmed this?

I tested this yesterday at lunch. And, from what I can tell, the rear vents are married to the passenger temperature. Here's how I tested:

1) Turned on Max A/C and let it get cold

2) Felt the vents in DS, PS and RR to make sure they felt the same.

3) Turned the PS thermostat up to 80º F and visually made sure 'Dual' was activated

4) Waited and felt the air temperature at DS, PS and RR again.

5) Noticed that DS was colder than both PS and RR which felt the same (fairly warm).

6) Turned 'Dual' back on and verified air temperatures were the same at DS, PS and RR again (real cold).

I tested this yesterday at lunch. And, from what I can tell, the rear vents are married to the passenger temperature. Here's how I tested:

3) Turned the PS thermostat up to 80º F and visually made sure 'Dual' was activated

5) Noticed that DS was colder than both PS and RR which felt the same (fairly warm).

6) Turned 'Dual' back on and verified air temperatures were the same at DS, PS and RR again (real cold).

That actually makes sense - driver vs. rest of car. If that's the case it should solve Kimco's problem. Easy enough to test out - but 68/75 may not be enough of a difference to actually feel it in the backseat.

Ok that sounds like great news!!! I tested mine on heat but that can be misleading. Thanks Cal for the test. Looks like yet one more reason that I love our new edge. Now if only someone can jailbreak it like i do my iphone......????

Current Ford Edge Jailbreak is Greenp0ison 1.0 however it is tethered so you can not drive your Edge at this time, however Geohot is currently working on an untethered Greenp0ison 1.1 which should be untethered and your Edge will be drivable.

Ok that sounds like great news!!! I tested mine on heat but that can be misleading. Thanks Cal for the test. Looks like yet one more reason that I love our new edge. Now if only someone can jailbreak it like i do my iphone......????

Current Ford Edge Jailbreak is Greenp0ison 1.0 however it is tethered so you can not drive your Edge at this time, however Geohot is currently working on an untethered Greenp0ison 1.1 which should be untethered and your Edge will be drivable.

Wait, the Apple guys are hacking the MS Sync? I can't find anything about it... go a linky? I'm interested.

Nope just a joke ( It is still April ). You know them Apple guys would never touch MS devices! That is why I said it was tethered so you couldn't drive your Edge plus after the latest battle that Geohot had with Sony and the PS3 I am sure he is concentrating on just Apple for the time being.

Wait, the Apple guys are hacking the MS Sync? I can't find anything about it... go a linky? I'm interested.

• Like 1