Maps need more street detail at lower zoom

I am dissappointed in the level of street detail shown on Nav System map when I am at any zoom level higher that .25 miles.

Unless I am .25 miles all of the side street detail disappears.

I have a garmin nuvi 350 that is 6 years old that works and displays better then the Nav system in my 2011 Edge.

Is this the same level of detail that everyone else is seeing. I am in the NYC area and we have a zillion side streets. I zoom out my nav to a good level 1 to 2.5 miles and would hope to still be able to see the side streets instead of just fields of green(grey at night).

Is there an update to remedy this?

The MFT is great looking but it is major hassle to usel. Not functionaly it is not on par with rudimentary Nav systems and media systems.

I am dissappointed in the level of street detail shown on Nav System map when I am at any zoom level higher that .25 miles.

Unless I am .25 miles all of the side street detail disappears.

I have a garmin nuvi 350 that is 6 years old that works and displays better then the Nav system in my 2011 Edge.

Is this the same level of detail that everyone else is seeing. I am in the NYC area and we have a zillion side streets. I zoom out my nav to a good level 1 to 2.5 miles and would hope to still be able to see the side streets instead of just fields of green(grey at night).

Is there an update to remedy this?

The MFT is great looking but it is major hassle to usel. Not functionaly it is not on par with rudimentary Nav systems and media systems.

I have mentioned the same issue in a couple posts. The detail is terrible compared to the Garmins (old or new). When I do significant travel I use the Garmin. In my area the maps are at least 8 years out of date. Definately need a map update.

I'm pretty sure that is an industry standard for built-in Nav units. I've never seen a Nav from any OEM that does what you're asking. Portable Nav units don't have to conform to the same standards.

You could be correct. I am not sure what the industry standard is for built-in units, could be something to do with less detail, less clutter and less distraction. Most new GPS are voice operated and with that there should be less distraction. I would like to see a map update for the streets that are already showing. I have found that the telenav maps to be more out of date than navtec. (Ok, got my hardhat on for incoming flack lol).