Ipod connections

I have a 2011,ford edge, and I have been having trouble using my I pod. (which is I pod Mini). The usb cable is not recognized by sync ford ? I been reading about a special cable apple has made to use for Sync Ford , 2007-2008 but also have been reading some times this cable still dose not work.(and some owners cant return the cable) the cable is "USB+AUX Cable for iPod and iPhone --UC25" it says "USB and 3.5mm stereo connectors - plug into your Sync USB and Aux Port of your Ford" the problem i have is..

the ford edge 2011, does NOT have a Stereo input only RCA A/V inputs... has anybody used this cable and does it work on the I pod Mini? and will My sync recognize a voice command for my I pod?

I have a 2011,ford edge, and I have been having trouble using my I pod. (which is I pod Mini). The usb cable is not recognized by sync ford ? I been reading about a special cable apple has made to use for Sync Ford , 2007-2008 but also have been reading some times this cable still dose not work.(and some owners cant return the cable) the cable is "USB+AUX Cable for iPod and iPhone --UC25" it says "USB and 3.5mm stereo connectors - plug into your Sync USB and Aux Port of your Ford" the problem i have is..

the ford edge 2011, does NOT have a Stereo input only RCA A/V inputs... has anybody used this cable and does it work on the I pod Mini? and will My sync recognize a voice command for my I pod?

You'd have to get a 3.5mm to RCA adapter but it should work. I think you would have to use the aux line in which would probably mean voice command doesn't work - so you'd only be using the usb for power. Because you're either on usb input or aux input but not both.

You'd have to get a 3.5mm to RCA adapter but it should work. I think you would have to use the aux line in which would probably mean voice command doesn't work - so you'd only be using the usb for power. Because you're either on usb input or aux input but not both.

Since my I pod is a old one (my Wife's) I'm thinking of getting my own, Does anyone use an I pod in their ford which sync's up, with no problem using a USB cable ? and what I pod are you using, (Classic, Nano, or Touch) ??? appreciate all help i can get

Since my I pod is a old one (my Wife's) I'm thinking of getting my own, Does anyone use an I pod in their ford which sync's up, with no problem using a USB cable ? and what I pod are you using, (Classic, Nano, or Touch) ??? appreciate all help i can get

My wife has a 2010 Edge and we each have an iPod Nano 5th Gen, either one works fine with normal USB cable and sync.

I've used a 4th gen Classic, 5th Gen Nano and Touch. I used the Touch to listen to a playlist and then tried to Shuffle all songs, but ran into a problem. I suspect user error, but never went tback to retest. I primarily play the iPods on Shuffle and always with USB

Edited by rwolson

Hey there, I'm using my i-pod touch 4th gen with the usb from apple (which came with the ipod; aka pigtail) no problems with sync. It did take a bit of time to index but I think its because I have about 3800 tracks on my ipod! I'm running the latest 2.8 2ndgen software for MFT

DD

• 1 month later...