Cargo Cover Now Available?

I just happened to be looking at Ford's accessory web page for the Edge, and saw the following:

Cargo Security Shade, Med. Stone

Part Number: 7T4Z-7845440-AB

MSRP: $125.00

Fits:

Ford Edge 2008 2007

There's no picture available for it, but could this be the cargo cover everyone's been asking for?

I just happened to be looking at Ford's accessory web page for the Edge, and saw the following:

Fits:

Ford Edge 2008 2007

There's no picture available for it, but could this be the cargo cover everyone's been asking for?

If the Edge was "my" vehicle and not my wife's, I'd run out and get one. I had one in my old Ranger SuperCab and used it all the time. Not only did it hide my junk and make my truck look cleaner, but it also was a nice shelf for light items (jacket, maps, etc) right behind me. My wife had one in her last vehicle along with a cargo net and they collected dust in the garage.

I'd love to see a picture of it though.

Bryce

Fits:

Ford Edge 2008 2007

Go to ford-parts-direct.com. I saw the same cover available for my MKX but the price is $112.00. No picture however.

Given time all the various discount places will have them around $100 or possibly less, just give it a little time.

So if we have no pictures how do we know how it will mount? There arent grooves to mount a retractable system roller or the extended bar attached to the sheet, so i guess its not like that. There is also the possible reclined angle of the seats to take into account as part would be uncovered when you are upright. If its a solid plate/board like device i can only see it resting on the window sills as again where else could it mount? Worst case is for way less money you could just buy a piece of plywood and cut it to fit, maybe put a hinge or two in to allow stowage, paint it the colour of your interior and you are set. If the cover is like a plate and as flimsy as most back shelf racks as i have had in Ford hatchbacks then it wont carry much weight at all.

Edited by sim

From the Lincoln Accessories site, it looks like this shade is available in three colors:

Ebony (part number 7T4Z-7845440-AA)

Medium Stone (part number 7T4Z-7845440-AB)

Camel (part number 7T4Z-7845440-AC)

The 7T4Z prefix is for parts originally designed for the Edge (although they may also fit the MKX depending on the part). MKX parts are usually prefixed with 7A1Z.

I'd also be interested in one of these, if I could see how they mount in the Edge's cargo area.

Edited by jpark

Someone described the cargo cover in this thread in the Edmunds MKX forum.

If part of this cover really clips onto the rear seat headrests, I wonder what happens if someone hits one of the power seatback fold buttons...

I bought the cover and didn't like it so I returned it. It hooks on all three headrests which means you can't lower the seats or use the middle arm rest. The center has a hooks that are supposed to hook between the window and the side molding. In time I think that area would become damaged. For the back fastener they want you to drill holes and mount a button looking thing. Once I saw that I bailed out!