Nice looking phone mount

Does anyone have any recommendations for a mount that looks good with the 2011 Edge?

I have the IP4 if it makes a difference. Looking for something that really blends in with the cars interior and doesn't have the aftermarket look. Center console is probably better than dash unless the dash one looks nice.

I saw the pro clip one but it was too pricey for a phone that I generally upgrade yearly.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a mount that looks good with the 2011 Edge?

I have the IP4 if it makes a difference. Looking for something that really blends in with the cars interior and doesn't have the aftermarket look. Center console is probably better than dash unless the dash one looks nice.

I saw the pro clip one but it was too pricey for a phone that I generally upgrade yearly.

I have the ProClip for my 11 edge. I chose the one that mounts on the right rail of the console (the other option mounts to the right of the steering column)

I've got a black iPhone cable neatly routed from USB, under the silver console rail then into the mount.

I didn't use the tape when mounting and it stays put with no problem. This makes it easy to remove the Proclip whenever I like.

Don't forget that the car mount is a one time purchase. When you get a new device, you only have to purchase the holder for that device.

I'm currently using the iPhone 3g device holder with my iPhone 4. It works great.

I prefer to use BT audio but went ahead and got the holder so I will be ready for Pandora when the Touch version of AppLink is released. I read that iPhones would require a USB connection for Pandora functionality.

I used a flexible gooseneck mount in my last car and am contemplating moving it over.

It's one of those metal arms that you can bend any way you like and mounted to one of the seat mounting bolts. If you get one (any mount) make sure that you can still plug in your phone while mounted. My particular mount grabs the phone in a way that blocks the charging port. My workaround was to put the phone in the mount upside down (Android running CM7 allows for this rotation). It's a little strange to have the buttons along the top row of the phone but it works.

• 3 months later...

Are you guys talking about an '11 without SYNC? If you have SYNC, why would you want/need to mount your phone on the dash? I stick mine in the cubbyhole behind the center stack.

I've found that the cubby hole behind the stack is awkward to get to from the driver's seat. The Proclip mount I use does make it handy to see/operate the phone while driving.

I have Sync/MyFordTouch and have found that having the phone mounted in sight helps when My MyTouch system does not do what i want it to. Plus, it's a great place to charge you device.

The mount also makes it nice when using a navigation app on my iPhone.

I've found that the cubby hole behind the stack is awkward to get to from the driver's seat. The Proclip mount I use does make it handy to see/operate the phone while driving.

I have Sync/MyFordTouch and have found that having the phone mounted in sight helps when My MyTouch system does not do what i want it to. Plus, it's a great place to charge you device.

The mount also makes it nice when using a navigation app on my iPhone.

Could you show a picture of your mount?

Thanks.

Could you show a picture of your mount?

Thanks.

This is the mount on the right side of center stack. It grabs onto the silver trim and stays put great. I'm able to remove it with no problems (I didn't use the dbl sided tape it came with)

I bought a black iPhone cable and routed it to the USB port. Nothing fancy. It just comes out of the armrest and the lid has no problem shutting with it there.

post-9129-0-66502700-1313627132_thumb.jpg

Edited by wilsons66604
  • Like 3

This is the mount on the right side of center stack. It grabs onto the silver trim and stays put great. I'm able to remove it with no problems (I didn't use the dbl sided tape it came with)

I bought a black iPhone cable and routed it to the USB port. Nothing fancy. It just comes out of the armrest and the lid has no problem shutting with it there.

Thanks for the pic. Is that an iPhone only mount? Mind sharing product details?

BTW, I +1'd you on this latest post, cuz it looks like someone is just hammering all your posts with -1s no matter what you said.

• Like 1

Thanks for the pic. Is that an iPhone only mount? Mind sharing product details?

BTW, I +1'd you on this latest post, cuz it looks like someone is just hammering all your posts with -1s no matter what you said.

This is a iPhone holder. If you got to ProclipUSA.com you will see that it's a two piece deal. You purchase the mount for the Edge ( they have two flavors), then you purchase the holder for you device. I had my holder in my Camry and just bought the mount for the Edge.

They are pricey but very well built.

Thanks for the +1

I hadn't noticed. Whatever floats their boat.

• 2 years later...