Climate control settings 2011 Ford Edge

If I start my car (2011 Ford Edge-basic) the fan (climate controls, ie...heat, a/c, defrost, panel, floor, etc...) is also already powered on (with the settings the same as they were prior to turning car off). I usually shut the fan off and then turn off the car, however, when I restart the car, the fan is on (like I never shut it off prior to turning off the car). I have noticed if I restart the car within 5-10min. the fan will remain off.

Is this a setting somewhere I am unaware of?

I would like the fan to remain off when I re-start the car, at least until I power it on.

I apologize if this was covered somewhere else in this forum. I was unable to locate anything related.

-Orv

• 2 weeks later...

It might have to do with the remote start settings. If you have this set to auto the climate settings will be set depending on the temp. You can turn this feature off in the left driver hand controls. I have limited AWD, not sure if location is dependent on having my touch. I hope this helps!

I have the 2011 Ford Edge-basic....no frills = no remote start.

I think it may be more widespread then just us 2. Interesting that it's also involving a 2011 SEL though.

Anyone have any other possible solutions on it?

• 4 weeks later...

I got the same issue. I called my dealer today.

Like the others I have the basic bottom line Climate Controls, there are no settings to enable or disable them to turn on or off. To turn them on or off you just push the manual button on the manual system.

Edited by nextime

• 3 weeks later...

Like what Imac2190 said, I believe that it is because your climate control is set to automatic (auto). Mine is set that way and when the car is turned on the fans immediately come on too, blowing warm or cool air (depending on the ambient temperature). After a few minutes of driving and the car can sense your interior's temperature, the fan speed (and temp) quickly adjusts accordingly. It has been pretty warm here in Sacramento so my system blows out fast and cool air. But during the mornings and I am driving out of the garage, even though the fan comes on and starts blowing air, it quickly slows down since the temperature difference is negligible. I have my temperature set at 72 degrees (F).

Like what Imac2190 said, I believe that it is because your climate control is set to automatic (auto). Mine is set that way and when the car is turned on the fans immediately come on too, blowing warm or cool air (depending on the ambient temperature). After a few minutes of driving and the car can sense your interior's temperature, the fan speed (and temp) quickly adjusts accordingly. It has been pretty warm here in Sacramento so my system blows out fast and cool air. But during the mornings and I am driving out of the garage, even though the fan comes on and starts blowing air, it quickly slows down since the temperature difference is negligible. I have my temperature set at 72 degrees (F).

The OP doesn't have auto climate control.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how to be any more clearer about the problem and the climate controls that are involved.

My controls (on the "basic" Edge) DO NOT have a setting which automatically adjusts the fan speed or temperature. I have a dial, which I manually turn, to adjust fan speed and I have the same type of dial for the air temperature, which I also manually set. The on/off and where I want the air to come from, i.e. floor, dash, both, etc...are all a button to push (with an orange LED to show which is selected).

If you have an Edge SE, SEL, Limited, or a Sport, your climate controls are probably more feature rich (and more customizable) than the "basic" Edge. I do not know if any of the other models (SE, SEL, Limited, or a Sport) have the on/off problem. I can only describe the problems with the "basic" Edge's climate control settings. And hence know that many of the offered solutions do not apply to the "basic" Edge.

Oh & yes, I still have the same problem in my original post.

Edited by orvwa

• 1 month later...

If I start my car (2011 Ford Edge-basic) the fan (climate controls, ie...heat, a/c, defrost, panel, floor, etc...) is also already powered on (with the settings the same as they were prior to turning car off). I usually shut the fan off and then turn off the car, however, when I restart the car, the fan is on (like I never shut it off prior to turning off the car). I have noticed if I restart the car within 5-10min. the fan will remain off.

Is this a setting somewhere I am unaware of?

I would like the fan to remain off when I re-start the car, at least until I power it on.

I apologize if this was covered somewhere else in this forum. I was unable to locate anything related.

-Orv

I have same problem; extremely annoying; is this by design or is it a defect