Scratches on the chrome trim

I noticed yesterday that I have fine scratches on the chrome trim beneath the drivers window on my 2011 edge . They don't appear to be deep scratches. Its still smooth to the touch. I tried buffing out with wax but that didn't work. Can anyone recommend the best way to remove these? Thanks.

I noticed yesterday that I have fine scratches on the chrome trim beneath the drivers window on my 2011 edge . They don't appear to be deep scratches. Its still smooth to the touch. I tried buffing out with wax but that didn't work. Can anyone recommend the best way to remove these? Thanks.

man.. i dont... i'm dealing with a ding on the black part .. drivers door.. eye level... grrr. its a little nipple.. i tried ice. but only got a little out`~.. fun stuff... .thats 2nd day dent too!

I have similar marks on my 2011 early job #2 car (Late February build). I suspect that something in prep (at the factory) or at the dealer caused that - Maybe runnung wires through the window to update the sync system. Mine is minor and only noticable under lights. Also that trim was pushed down a bit so I loosened the screw and it popped up right away.

Edited by blankster

Buffing with wax will only fill it in with wax.

You need to get a polish of some sort that has "cutting" ability. An easy one to find is Nu Finish Scratch Doctor. Its mildly abrasive with some good polishing ability. You might need to run over it a couple times with this stuff, but I think it should work.

Buffing with wax will only fill it in with wax.

You need to get a polish of some sort that has "cutting" ability. An easy one to find is Nu Finish Scratch Doctor. Its mildly abrasive with some good polishing ability. You might need to run over it a couple times with this stuff, but I think it should work.

Thanks, I will give that a try!

Nu-finish might be too abrasive - I have something from 3M called finess-it. I may give it a try or I have something for sinks (from Franke) I may try that,

Believe it or not, I used Nu-Finish Scratch Doctor to polish the clear coat on my last car's taillights (tinted) and buffed it to a mirror finish. This was after going at the clear coat with wet 2200 grit paper.

they say you can use dry ice on those small :hail: like dents~.. i'm gonna try that this weekend~...

they also say you can use a hairdryer , get it hot, then turn a can upside down and spray it... where it comes out ice, said that will fix..

i'll let you know, i'll try and grab some pics.