Recommendations for buying used

Hey everyone. I'm brand new here. I currently drive an 06 Mustang and my wife drives and 02 Explorer. We are thinking about getting a new vehicle for my wife, and we both like the Edge very well. We are looking at purchasing used, and I just wanted to get some advice from the community.

Are there significant differences we should be aware of between the model years from 07 to 10?

Were there any issues with the 07's given that it was the first run that would make us want to avoid an 07?

Are there any common problems that people have experienced that we would want to check for before purchasing?

I have also been surprised to find several used Lincoln MKX's that are very price competetive with the Edges. Any thoughts on the differences between the two?

I've been very active in the Mustang forum community, and have learned that there is a lot of valuable knowledge in the community. I appreciate any advice you may have to give.

Thanks!

Hey everyone. I'm brand new here. I currently drive an 06 Mustang and my wife drives and 02 Explorer. We are thinking about getting a new vehicle for my wife, and we both like the Edge very well. We are looking at purchasing used, and I just wanted to get some advice from the community.

Are there significant differences we should be aware of between the model years from 07 to 10?

Were there any issues with the 07's given that it was the first run that would make us want to avoid an 07?

Are there any common problems that people have experienced that we would want to check for before purchasing?

I have also been surprised to find several used Lincoln MKX's that are very price competetive with the Edges. Any thoughts on the differences between the two?

I've been very active in the Mustang forum community, and have learned that there is a lot of valuable knowledge in the community. I appreciate any advice you may have to give.

Thanks!

The only major issue to be aware of is the PTU seal leak on the AWD models. That seems to have been mostly remedied for the 2010+ models and could be a problem on prior models if the repair wasn't done correctly with the latest seals. But if you're looking FWD they're pretty much all the same.

The MKX has THX sound (may have been optional so look for it) and cooled seats plus some other less obvious upgrades. It's really up to you whether you like it better or not. I normally prefer Lincolns but actually went with the Edge in 08 - I didn't care for the Lincoln styling and the extra features weren't worth the extra money to me at that time.

We got an 07 MKX with 35K miles. Ultimate package, THX sound system, trailer package. Everything but the Sunroof I think. Sterling Silver Metallic with the charcoal interior. Extended warranty for the next 6 years or until 100K miles. Very, very nice.

So, now what?

We got an 07 MKX with 35K miles. Ultimate package, THX sound system, trailer package. Everything but the Sunroof I think. Sterling Silver Metallic with the charcoal interior. Extended warranty for the next 6 years or until 100K miles. Very, very nice.

So, now what?

JUst go and enjoy it ! Sounds nice, any pics to post ?