Adding Wallpaper Images

I'll ask this on the Ford Sync forum as well, but has anyone had any luck adding wallpaper images? I've tried all the approved file type and in the exact size recommended (and others--smaller and larger). I get an error message saying the image is not formatted properly. I'm using USB to load (USB works fine as it sees the files--and plays music).

I'll ask this on the Ford Sync forum as well, but has anyone had any luck adding wallpaper images? I've tried all the approved file type and in the exact size recommended (and others--smaller and larger). I get an error message saying the image is not formatted properly. I'm using USB to load (USB works fine as it sees the files--and plays music).

I was having the same problem. The ford book does not do a good job of explaining this.

The picture size is what is important. I have tested many sizes and found that the following work

in my 2011 edge limited. All 3 sizes fill up the screen other sizes i tried worked but only filled

up half of the screen. hope this helps. I used roxio creater to change size of pictures.

750 x 360

650 x 400

700 x 400

• 4 months later...

Yup, I've downloaded an image using size, 742 X 378. I own a copy of Photoshop so I can easily resize my images.

The correct size is 800 X 378 - states it right in the wallpaper screen before you attempt to add an image. It also states it can be jpg, bmp, or others (don't recall right now)

I added an image and fits perfectly!

• 4 weeks later...

I appreciate everyones posts here. I just got my 2010 Edge Sport last Wednesday and love it so far.

For my 2010 Edge Sport with SYNC and Nav I did some testing and I have found that 650 x 410 seems to be the perfect size. I guess that would be the Gen 1 systems where you can only have your pics on on side or the other of the screen. I still wish there was a way to set a default other than the Ford logo. Anyone figure out the randomize function? I can't seem to figure out when it changes the pictures yet.