Sirius screwed up MFT

I have a 2011 Edge with MFT v2.4.

Recently Sirius changed their station numbers. Since then I have been having trouble with MFT voice commands to the Sirius radio.

At first I thought it was because the station numbers had changed, so I redid my station presets. That did not fix it.

I used to be able to say "Bluegrass" and the radio would tune to the "Bluegrass Junction" station. Now it gives an error.

I could also say "Area" and the radio would tune to the "Electric Area" station. Now it gives an error.

If I say a station preset number, it goes to some other station.

The on screen preset button for the "Electric Area" station used to say "Area", now it says "ElecArea". If I try to say that, MFT does not understand.

That really sucks because changing radio stations was the main thing I used voice commands for. Now that doesnt work.

Any ideas how to fix the Sirius radio so it will understand the new station lineup?

Another question. Isnt HD radio standard on Edge? I have HD radio stations in my area but I see nothing about HD radio on my radio.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought my Edge 2 weeks after Sirius changed their channel line-up and I have to go to the dealer for them to upgrade it. I suggest you do the same.

I did the Sirius update and it worked for a week. Now I can't say the name of the channel. I can say the number or touch the preset and it is OK. Here is the resolution, which is to say there is no resolution yet:

OASIS SPECIAL SERVICE MESSAGE NUMBER: 21871

MESSAGE TITLE: 2011 EDGE/MKX, EXPLORER, AND 2012 FOCUS MYTOUCH EQUIPPED VEHICLES - USING VOICE COMMANDS FOR SIRIUS CHANNELS ON OR AFTER 5/5/2011

APPLICABLE VEHICLES :

2011 TRUCK : 00176 EDGE

2011 TRUCK : 00134 EXPLORER 4DR

2011 TRUCK : 00177 MKX

2012 CAR : 00122 FOCUS

OASIS MESSAGE :

SOME 2011 EDGE/MKX, EXPLORER AND 2012 FOCUS VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH MYFORD TOUCH

OR MYLINCOLN TOUCH MAY EXHIBIT INCORRECT SIRIUS CHANNEL SELECTIONS USING VOICE

COMMANDS AFTER SIRIUS CHANNEL UPDATES ON OR AFTER 5/5/2011. A FUTURE SOFTWARE

UPDATE WILL BE RELEASED TO ADDRESS THIS CONCERN. MONITOR OASIS FOR UPDATES

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody found a way to fix this issue? I am having this problem. Everything looks ok, but when I give a voice command such as "Sirius CNN", it goes to the channel that CNN used to have. I actually just bought my Ford Edge and I pointed this out to someone at the dealership and they said I needed to call Sirius and reload the channels. I called SIrius and they supposedly did that but problem is still there. Seems like this is one of those things where Ford will just blame the other guy, until they find a way to fix it.

Has anybody found a way to fix this issue? I am having this problem. Everything looks ok, but when I give a voice command such as "Sirius CNN", it goes to the channel that CNN used to have. I actually just bought my Ford Edge and I pointed this out to someone at the dealership and they said I needed to call Sirius and reload the channels. I called SIrius and they supposedly did that but problem is still there. Seems like this is one of those things where Ford will just blame the other guy, until they find a way to fix it.

The update is available if you go into your sync account and go to community

at the top and you can scroll down and will find the file to download. Download

the file and follow the directions.

Im having the same problem with my sirius after the channel up date that occured. I called ford to find out a solution and they saud they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. Also the new map application that is avaliable on the Sync app section that can not be downloaded they are working on a fix for that too. I have a 2011 edge sport.