Passive Arming 2011 Limited

I have a 2011 Limited, and I was wondering if there is any way to add passive arming (even passive locking doors) with just a module. I like just having the key-FOB, and I would prefer to not have to add another remote to my key chain. Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Personally I do not think so since it is the programming system that would have to be modified.

Does the 2011 Limited Have an alarm? My 2011 SE does not but I added one.

What is wrong with locking the doors on the way out?

Also Ford sells an alarm that is integrated into the key so no new fob would be needed.

While there is no true passive locking for the Edge. You can just leave the fob in the console. When you exit the car just lock it using the exterior keypad on the driver's door. When you return, open with the keypad and just push the start button. Even if someone were to break in and try to start it, they can't unless the code is entered into the keypad first. I just use the keypad anymore. Seems easier to me and I don't have to carry that bulky fob.

Edited by goatee

What is wrong with locking the doors on the way out?

Also Ford sells an alarm that is integrated into the key so no new fob would be needed.

The issue is more or less just me being paranoid. I'm regular with locking the doors on the way out, but I like the idea of the machine self-arming.

I'm considering getting the Alarm from Ford. All my previous cars had Viper systems: I kind of miss that, but I hate the cluttered key-chain.

Edited by NatG

I have the Python/Viper, the Ford system totally sucks compared to these. I researched the Ford system VS aftermarket and aftermarket always won. My Python was approx $100 more but I have remote start, over 2000 remote range, dual shock sensors, a remote that lets me know if the car gets broken into, an ability to use a smartphone to call the car to start or check on it, remote liftgate open, turns on deffogger if the temp is below 55' when you remote start.

Think of it this way...... Ford Stock add-on alarm = Pinto........ Viper/Python add-on alarm = Ferrari.

Also the aftermarket alarms are just a little bit more installed but they do things the stock POS Ford system could never do.

Yes I know it is your money but the Ford system is a waste of it.