Sirius and using Sync to say station names

delldell

A little background first, maybe this should be in the 2.8 topic? About 2 weeks ago I got the 2.8 update after various intermittent problems. After the update, intermittently my blackberry would not connect, or display said connected but when I tried to make a call voice said trying to connect to previously paired phone. I also did the Sirius channel update last week and that went fine. Took it back for the phone problem, dealer replaced the module and reloaded 2.8. Now, the only problem I seem to have which I never had before is that when I say a Sirius station NAME, such as Classic Vinyl, Elvis etc. it takes me to the wrong station. I can touch those pre-sets, directly enter or say the channel number and all is OK, it is just when I say the station NAME, and it happens. This happens with almost all station names.

I tried re-doing the Sirius update four times, including calling Sirius, explaining the problem and them initiating the update signal.

I recall that when I did the Sirius thing last week I got a message on the display that update was complete. I never got that message in the four tries yesterday, although th elady from Sirius said I may not see a message.

Any ideas? Anybody? Anybody?

I did not update my Sirius channels. I heard them saying they were going to change them, but my presets still go to the same presets. I have not updated to 2.8. My voice commands still take me to Lithium or whatever channel I tell it. Maybe a 2.8 bug??

I'm on 2.8 and never seen the problem. I manually changed my preset for Bluesville because Sirius changed the channel. ClVinyl, ClRewind and Margaritaville never changed channel numbers.

I've run into some goofy issues setting up my Nav favorites on 2.8, but waiting until I hear about another upodate version before I head back to the dealer.

I am on 2.4 and since Sirius changed the channels I have had trouble with some of the channels. Sirius tried 3 times to reset but no luck. They requested I call back in a few days for a possible solution.

It's only saying the name of the station, not the number, and the presets still work.

I heard from the dealer. It is happening on a "number" of Edge's, MKX and Explorers. Ford will be coming out with another update to address this problem