Engine stalled while driving on high way

kenzlf

Hi,

my edge stalled on me while I was driving on high way! extremlly dangerous. Check engine light came on this time.

It happned once before while I was waiting at gas station. That time no check engine light at all.

Don't konw if this time the error message came on due to the fact that the engine stalled twice, one while driving on the high way, another one at a traffic light 10 mins after.

I brought it in to my dealer and just got a call from them saying it is the catalytic converter. Hopefully, it will fix the problem.

2011 Edge limited with less than 10K.

Anyone having the same issue??

Hi,

my edge stalled on me while I was driving on high way! extremlly dangerous. Check engine light came on this time.

It happned once before while I was waiting at gas station. That time no check engine light at all.

Don't konw if this time the error message came on due to the fact that the engine stalled twice, one while driving on the high way, another one at a traffic light 10 mins after.

I brought it in to my dealer and just got a call from them saying it is the catalytic converter. Hopefully, it will fix the problem.

2011 Edge limited with less than 10K.

Anyone having the same issue??

Catalytic converters don't stall engines. Don't accept it back if this is the only thing they looked at.

Catalytic converters don't stall engines. Don't accept it back if this is the only thing they looked at.

Sure they can, if they are plugged. However they don't plug themselves, it has to be a symptom of a different problem, not the root cause.

Sure they can, if they are plugged. However they don't plug themselves, it has to be a symptom of a different problem, not the root cause.

If a cat is plugged then engine would run very poorly and would not just stall. A normally running engine suddenly stalling for sure has nothing to do with a cat failing. Seems to be common on Ford Edges though.

If a cat is plugged then engine would run very poorly and would not just stall. A normally running engine suddenly stalling for sure has nothing to do with a cat failing. Seems to be common on Ford Edges though.

If a Cat is completely clogged... you'll get the "banana in my tailpipe" syndrome... and yes... that can cause a stall. But more likely, the car will not start in that case.

Anything that can cause the flow of the exhaust gases to stop completely can stall a vehicle.