Sirius Voice Command Channel selection Fix

rwolson

Many encountered selecting Sirius channels after Sirius Channel changes in early May. A fix exists on SyncMyRide under Communities>Sync Annoucnements>Sirius Voice Command Update File You'll need to login and download the zip file. Note, the zip contains a Readme file with instructions re: unzipping the file, etc.

I installed the fix early today. My system didn't reboot like the Readme mentioned, but went into a diner for breakfast and after restarting the car I found the patch fixed my problems. I can now successfully select and choose the correct channels. :dogwalk:

I've never used any "voice commands" ever.. Is that like a big part of the 2011 Ford Edge? Should I try it out?

I just installed that SIRIUS patch for the hell of it. No problems. A?fter USB installed I turned the ignition off for 30-45 seconds. Then I turned ignition back on. Screen stayed black for about 10-15 seconds. Then the Sync boot up screen appeared. Then it said completing updates. After about 30 seconds it was all done.

This whole issue confuses me. I never did anything and my presets never changed nor did the voice commands change the station they went to. I wonder why others have had problems?

I first wonder too about people mentioning the problem then I ran into it. Basically, if a Sirius channel moved to a new channel the system selected the old channel number when you used Voice commands. For example, Bluesville moved from 74 to 70. If I gave the command to select Bluesville, I'm lisenting to Met Opera. If I gave the command for Met Opera I heard some other off beat station; only voice commands encountered the problem.